Cook - LOFT Community Services
DATE: November 10th, 2023
LOCATION: Toronto, ON – The Path Home (Kingston Rd.)
COMPENSATION: $44,334 - $45,607 Annually Prorated
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, use challenges, poverty and homelessness. Serving approximately 13,969 annually and providing 1,788 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. LOFT is also recognized as a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring Cook.
The Cook renders a range of services that relate to the operation of the kitchen. These responsibilities include the preparation and service of food for the meals as scheduled and for other special occasions as requested and the storing and stocking of food. Cleaning duties pertaining to maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining room, as well as other delegated responsibilities, are included to ensure the efficient operation of the kitchen’s food service.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Prepare/cook the food for scheduled meals, snacks and other occasions, as requested, according to the menu plan; prepare/cook appropriate food for those on special diets as required
- Ensure utensils, etc. are available for meals as scheduled
- Serve meals at the specified times
- Clean all dishes, utensils and equipment used in the preparation and service of the food provided by the kitchen
- Clean all stoves, refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, pantry and all other equipment and areas that are associated with kitchen’s food service
- Assist with inventory of stock rooms, storage areas and refrigerator/freezer units; accept and store deliveries/food in proper areas and according to policy
- Fulfil other assignments as delegated by the Food Services Coordinator
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Several years of kitchen/cooking experience and/or training
- Knowledge of equipment used in the preparation of food
- Knowledge of health standards for the handling and storage of food
- Knowledge of nutrition standards and special diet requirements
- Knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Standards
- Ability to communicate in English, oral and written
- Valid Food Handler’s Certificate
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
We believe there are many different ways of developing skills, and we love diverse
experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Defined Benefits Pensions Plan
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- E-learning program available all year round
- Starting vacation time above minimum standard,
- Additional paid personal and paid sick days
- Professional development budget available to help you nurture and shape your career
- Corporate Gym membership rate with GoodLife Fitness
- Access to Perkopolis, a comprehensive corporate discount program
- Access to unlimited DEI trainings through partnership Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Maternity-leave top up program
Note: All LOFT employees are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with LOFT’s Vaccination Policy; unless they are employed in or work regularly with staff who are employed in, non-client facing roles.
Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is also required.
CLOSING DATE: November 24th, 2023