Convention Manager - New Democratic Party of Canada
Canada’s New Democrats are searching for an administrative and event planning professional to be responsible for the day-to-day management of Convention 2021 planning. Are you an energetic, personable and highly motivated individual that shares values and goals of the New Democratic Party? Do you have experience in event planning, political organizing and administration? If so, this position is for you! Working under the direct supervision of the Deputy National Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of our virtual Convention scheduled for April 2021. Working in conjunction with administrative staff, you will be key to ensuring all Convention deliverables are achieved and the execution of the Convention is successful.
Job Duties & Details
- Coordinates all aspects of Convention between all departments and staff
- Assists EDAs with arranging delegate selection meetings, including online voting.
- In conjunction with the Senior Administrative Assistant, ensure all resolutions are received, translated and compiled.
- Under the direction of the Deputy National Director, assist with agenda planning, technical preparation, scheduling, and registration.
- Will act as the Assistant to the Convention Producer during the event
- Responsible for management of convention communications, especially questions and concerns from members and EDAs
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven event planning experience for large-scale, multi-faceted events (preference will be given to individuals with convention planning experience)
- Proven ability in administrative organization, working in a self-directed and pro-active way with minimal oversight.
- Experience with all aspects of the event planning life-cycle
- Superior written communications skills
- Strong customer-focused temperament; ability to communicate with members and staff in a proactive, collaborative way
- Knowledgeable and passionate about social issues and/or Canada’s NDP
- Ability to work in a high-paced, high-pressure work environment in which attention to detail are paramount.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of virtual events and/or experience in organizing virtual events
- Experience in community organizing.
- Proficiency in a language other than English or French
The NDP is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Starting date: Mid November
Salary: $60,000 per annum
Term: Mid-November to May 1, 2021
COVID-19: Our offices continue to be closed due to COVID-19. Currently, our team continues to work-from-home. As this is a term position ending in May, we will be accepting applications from candidates across Canada. Travel to Ottawa will be required in the immediate lead-up to the event.
All interviews will be done via Zoom.