Controller - Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Position Title: Controller
- Available: May 2019
- Applicant Deadline: April 26, 2019
Reporting to the CFO, this position will ensure the integrity and accuracy of all financial data based on GAAP. The controller is responsible for the financial management system, timely reporting, internal controls, security of records, billing and collecting student tuition. This position is also accountable for: cash management, the annual budget process and the annual audit. This role provides daily supervision to the Senior Accountant, and two Junior Accountants.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) and a minimum of 8-10 year post-designation work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in Finance or Accounting including supervision and managerial duties
- Excellent computer skills in appropriate financial applications, specifically Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Office suite; good conceptual understanding of information technology, database, and business applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to communicate effectively– both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills – able to prioritize assignments and assist more junior employees as required
For almost forty years, CCNM has been Canada' premier institute for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates obtain a Doctor degree upon completion of our 4 year post-graduate program and are recognized for licensure across North America. CCNM's clinics provide care to thousands of patients annually in 11 sites across the GTA and at the Ottawa Integrative Cancer Clinic (OICC). The College occupies an attractive 4.3 acre campus across from North York General Hospital. CCNM is a registered charity funded by tuition, research grants and donations.
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position (Controller) that you are applying for and where you saw the job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.