Contract Coordinator - The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
The Contract Coordinator is responsible for the management of the contract processing function, which includes funding contracts with an aggregate annual value of more than $200 million. The candidate also provides administrative support to legal counsels
The incumbent’s duties include:
- To coordinate the timely and effective processing of government funding contracts from all 3 levels of government for all ministry units in Canada, with a view to supporting appropriate risk management and review of government funding contracts while minimizing disruptions to or delays in receipt of government funding.
- To provide general administrative support to legal counsel in several areas, including immigration, privacy and employment.
Funding Contract Coordination
- Day-to-day coordination and management of the contract processing function including receiving contracts for review and execution, checking documentation to ensure it is complete and following up with ministry unit and DHQ staff when it is incomplete, logging all contracts for tracking purposes, arranging for documents to be reviewed, executed and returned to ministry units or funders.
Funding Contract Records Management
- Primarily responsible for ensuring accurate funding contract records management, including scanning and/or uploading copies of all funding contracts and related documentation (cover sheets, cover letters, emails, related reports) to Gatekeeper and storing backup copies of all documentation on THQ network drives.
- Pulling monthly reports of “tombstone” contract data from Gatekeeper and storing such reports with backup copies of funding contracts.
- In collaboration with the IT department, periodically confirms and updates end user information.
Gatekeeper Subject Matter Expert
- Acts as the champion, trainer and content expert for the “Gatekeeper” software platform.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of Gatekeeper modules, updates and their functionality as it relates to The Salvation Army’s use of Gatekeeper.
- Trains THQ and DHQ end users.
- Periodically consults with THQ (Finance, Internal Audit, Social Services) and DHQ staff to identify opportunities to improve how data is captured, categorized and stored.
General Legal Administrative Support
- Supporting legal counsel with technology/computer issues.
- Reviews and redacts documents in light of privacy requirements.
- Assists legal counsel to prepare PowerPoint presentations, reports and other documentation as needed.
- Opens, sorts and circulates incoming mail.
- Prepares routine correspondence, reports and forms.
- Prepares correspondence for signature of legal counsel and responds to correspondence over his/her own signature.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings for legal counsel.
- Filing and file management for legal counsel.
- Drafts documents for notarization, including affidavits and statutory declarations.
- Maintains library resources including updating loose-leaf legal publications.
- Handles photocopying, scanning, formatting, transcription, proofreading etc. for legal counsel.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- Completion of post-secondary education in legal, business or a related field, which evidences a capacity to manage a large volume of complex, detail-oriented work.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro
- Minimum five years relevant experience.
- Experience in legal, business or a related field, and must be self-motivated and be able to work with deadlines. The Contract Coordinator must also be able to take direction and work both independently and as part of a team. The position requires tact and the ability to communicate with senior Salvation Army personnel and others in a congenial and professional manner.
- The Contract Coordinator must also be detail oriented, have strong computer skills and be sensitive to the confidential nature of matters that are dealt with in the Legal Department.
- The position requires someone who is detail oriented, with superior skills in thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks, a person who is conscientiousness, dependable, enthusiastic, eager to please and tactful. The position carries a heavy workload and significant pressure to meet deadlines, so the ability to maintain composure and work efficiently under pressure is essential. The person must have strong “Can Do” service attitude in supporting the organization and legal counsel; and must be sensitive to the confidential nature of matters that are dealt with in this position.
- Detail oriented
- Positive outlook
- High level customer service skills
- Problem solving
- Computer skills
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, will be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Education verification
Please include the competition # 20-038 in the subject line of your email.
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
(416) 422-6352 or email@example.com
Attention: Employee Relations Department
Please no phone calls.
Employee Relations Department
2 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario, M4H 1P4