Content and Social Media Officer - CARE Canada
Content and Social Media Officer
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager of the Humanitarian Coalition, the Content and Social Media Officer is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) responsible for gathering, organizing and disseminating communications content from the emergency response projects of our member organizations. They will maximize the use of social media channels to increase our reach and achieve communication goals.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding of, or is motivated to learn about, international disaster relief. They have strong language skills in both English and French, are a self-starter and a team player.
The Humanitarian Coalition
Based in Ottawa, the Humanitarian Coalition brings together leading aid organizations to provide Canadians with a simple and effective way to help during international humanitarian disasters. Member agencies join forces to raise funds, partner with the government, and mobilize media, businesses and individual Canadians. Together, we are saving more lives.
CARE Canada is a founding member of the Humanitarian Coalition and administers Human Resources on behalf of the Coalition. Visit www.humanitariancoalition.ca for more information.
- Gather and organize communications and reporting materials from member organizations : photos, case studies, videos, news
- Identify good stories and photos, and work with manager to edit and prepare for various channels, especially the website and social media
- Gather relevant resources from news and emergency reports
- Update social media calendar monthly and weekly
- Use insight and analytics to inform social media activity
- Edit photos, videos and content for use on social media and website
- Write blogs based on case studies, as required
- Other communications support tasks, as required
- Diploma or degree in communications or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in managing social media
- Bilingualism (oral and written) required, with advanced English communication skills and proficiency in French
- Experience managing organizational social media accounts. Demonstrates creativity and innovation necessary to take social media channels to the next level.
- Experience in editing photos and videos; familiarity with basic graphic design
- Familiarity with website content management
- Applicable knowledge of relevant computer software (Microsoft Office Suite); knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Canva would be an asset
- Highly organized and works well independently
- Good team player
- Able to work well under pressure, and provide surge support during first two weeks of national fundraising appeals
How to Apply
Submit application online, including resume and cover letter, through CARE Canada careers page at https://bit.ly/3ADqEow
Deadline for submissions is October 6, 2021.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Humanitarian Coalition is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.