Community Support Worker - W - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER - W
1 Full Time Permanent Position
The Community Support Worker is responsible for providing a range of services in support of the clients of this program. These individuals may be living in a LOFT residence or elsewhere in Toronto. A key component of the position will be the building of a support network of community and clinical resources which empower the individual and increase their independence, dignity and self-respect in a safe, secure environment. This position will provide community support/ case management services for adults with mental health and/or addiction challenges who are part of the Wilkinson Housing and Support Services Program. Note: Staff will be required to work with residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Human Services or equivalent;
- Minimum of four years related experience working with the mentally ill;
- Minimum of three years related experience working with Concurrent Disorder;
- Knowledge of addictions and mental health issues;
- An understanding of the Psychosocial Rehabilitation principles, and the Recovery Model and the ability to operationalize them;
- An understanding of harm reduction, and all addiction recovery philosophies;
- Well-developed crisis intervention, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Counseling and responding skills, with well-developed problem solving abilities;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- An understanding of the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Understanding of palliation, of death and dying issues;
- Knowledge of available community resources and supports in the GTA;
- Ability to organize and implement group activities to promote the well-being of residents;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact with workers from a variety of agencies.
- Computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, fluency in a second language is an asset;
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: September 14, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE: “COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER – W” in the subject line of any emails.