Community Support Worker - NABORS -Neighbours Allied for Better Opportunities in Residential Support
Community Support Worker
NABORS is an organization of people who want the world to be a place where all people, including people with disabilities, thrive in an inclusive community. We are dedicated to supporting people with physical and developmental disabilities to have rich and full lives in community and have control over their lives.
NABORS circles of support are made up of our friends and families who freely give their time to assist us to make informed decisions, act on choices, manage our paid supports and feel safe. Members are supported to live in the homes of their choice and be fully included in the community.
The NABORS member that is currently hiring is seeking a Part Time Community Support Worker who will assist the supported member with the daily activities of their life.
Candidate Must be available to work on Saturdays and Sundays 12-7.
Candidate must have emergency first aid and CPR
The Community Support Worker provides support by:
• Assisting the member to create a home where they have maximum control.
• Assisting in relationship building by the development of and support to natural relationships within the member’s family, friends, and community
• Assisting with the finding of, and participation in, valued roles for the member within their home, co-operative living arrangements, and community life
• Assisting the supported member in pursuing their goals with the assistance of the support circle
• Supporting the member to find fun and exciting ways to participate in the community that are unique and have potential to expand social circles for member
• Supporting the member’s health needs including motivation and creative fitness
• strong motivational skills
• negative covid test will be required
• Vulnerable Sector Check
• resilience, patience, creativity & a sense of humor is required.
• willing to work with the other support circle with connection via email occasionally during the week
• ideally flexible schedule to cover shifts in case of illness
• Energetic, enthusiastic support approach
• good initiative and ability to work independently & collaboratively
• Must be available on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 – 7
• Experience/Training with Social Role Valorization or an eagerness to learn it.
• Valid Emergency First aid & CPR
The member who is currently hiring resides in the Yonge & Eglinton area.
The hiring is conditional upon clearing a Vulnerable Sector Police check. Emergency First Aid & CPR will be required before working.
NABORS is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations during the hiring process can be made available to applicants who make their accommodation needs known in advance. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.