Community Support Worker (MHA) - Centretown Community Health Centre / Centre de santé communautaire du Centre-ville
Status: Casual Position
Pay Scale: $27.185 /hour to $28.481 /hour
Pension and Benefits: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
The Casual Community Support Worker’s primary responsibilities are to navigate clients to the appropriate services (information and referral) and/or provide short-term support and intervention for clients requiring assistance (care coordination / crisis intervention / housing support / financial support / information and referral / short-term counselling/harm reduction/practical assistance). The Worker proactively engages clients and ensures that clients are bridged to the appropriate services both internally (if applicable) and within the broader community. The Worker, as with all CCHC staff, is responsible for addressing barriers to service and ensuring that each unique individual who walks through CCHC doors is met with dignity and respect and are provided the resources to meet their needs.
Locations of work and hours may vary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Social Science or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience.
- Experience working with urban populations including people who are unhoused and people who use drugs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of:
- trauma-informed care
- best practices related to concurrent disorders
- harm reduction principles
- recovery principles within mental health
- LGBTTQ issues
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with Motivational Interviewing.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and flexibility in the provision of service to individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, excellent judgement and initiative.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems including email, MS Word and data base programs.
English, written and spoken
French and other languages are an asset
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to email@example.com. Resumes will be
reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Community Support Worker Casual”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.