Community Support Worker - Lumenus Community Services
Lumenus Community Services is looking for a Community Support Worker! Our Community Support Worker will draw upon their knowledge and experience to support other professionals and families to provide a high quality of life and excellent programming for clients.
- Provide supervision and residential support to clients on afternoon, weekend, and awake/asleep overnight shifts at various locations throughout the GTA and surrounding area
- Perform all supervision and personal care duties required by the residents during assigned shifts. This will include any housekeeping, cooking, and safety related procedures required
- Implement individualized treatment plans and interventions for the youth in collaboration with Community Consulting Resource Coordinator, Case Facilitators, consultants, other staff members, and parents/guardians
- Provide crisis intervention and implement client safety plans as well as provide support to other staff as required
- Maintain and follow protocols, plans and instruction as prescribed
- Maintain complete and confidential case records and required program paperwork
- Completed diploma in Behavioural Science with an Autism Specialization, Child & Youth Worker diploma, developmental service worker or, a degree/diploma in a related field combined with sound knowledge and experience as they relate to individuals with autism, FASD and other developmental disabilities
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with complex special needs in a community setting
- Knowledge of ABA/IBI & BT and the ability to provide a broad range of therapeutic intervention to residents as well as knowledge and skill in the areas of crisis intervention (CPI)
- Knowledge of family dynamics and the implications of supporting clients in a family home environment
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Screening process
- Valid and current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Valid and current Crisis Intervention Training (CPI required)
- Medical clearance in accordance with Lumenus Community Services policy on pre-employment medicals
- Smartphone with data capabilities is an asset
- Vehicle and eligibility to transport clients is an asset
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $19.60 per hour plus vacation pay
- WSIB eligible
- Flexible schedule up to 40 hours per week
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to submit both their cover letter and resume in only PDF or Microsoft word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lumenus is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.