Community Support Worker - Community Living York South
Position: Part-time Community Support Worker Flex
PROGRAM: Tony Wong, Hagermans, MSH, Learning Academy, Marketplace, SIL and TAY
Hours: Hours & Location must be flexible to meet the needs of the team and the people receiving support.
SALARY: $19.22/Hour (plus 5% in lieu of benefits & 4% vacation Pay)
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Do:
Community Living York South employs over 200 people. Over the last 65 years, we have provided exceptional supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability and their families in our communities of Richmond Hill, Markham, Thornhill, Stouffville and Vaughan.
We are a culturally diverse, heart-centered staff group with strong values of equity, respect and inclusiveness for all people. If those values describe you as well, please check out our current job postings!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive benefits
- Personal satisfaction
- Great learning and growth opportunities
- A diverse workforce representative of our communities
- Recognition of excellence through an awards program
- Annual staff appreciation event that you won’t want to miss!
What You Will Do:
- The Part-time Community Support Worker will carry out all duties in accordance with established routine of the home or program location. You will be responsible for providing support to person(s) who have an intellectual disability to live, learn, work and participate in the community, in order to promote and encourage independence and to exercise citizenship and self-determination.
What We Need:
- Values driven individuals;
- Post-Secondary Education in Behavioural Services, Developmental Services, Social Services, Personal Support Worker, Recreational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work, etc. or equivalent experience is an asset;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma required;
- G Class Driver’s License is required with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Previous experience supporting persons of various ages and abilities is required;
- 1 to 2 years of experience in the developmental services sector is considered an asset;
- Demonstrates developmental services sector core competencies;
- Ability to lead others/leadership skills/model, direct and mentor colleagues;
- Capable of fostering independence in others;
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Reporting to: Residential Supervisor
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.22 /hour (plus 4% vacation pay + 5% benefits pay)