Community Support Worker - Centretown Community Health Centre / Centre de santé communautaire du Centre-ville
We are looking for a dedicated Community Support Worker to join our team of health professionals. Working within a multidisciplinary environment and under the direction of the Manager, Mental Health and Addictions, the Community Support Worker will provide community based services and supports to individuals within our community facing barriers due to social determinants of health.
Primary responsibilities include health navigation; care coordination and support and intervention and outreach. The Community Support Worker ensures that individuals are bridged to appropriate services both internally and within the broader community. The CSW, as with all CCHC staff, is responsible for addressing barriers to service and ensuring that each unique individual who walks through CCHC doors is met with dignity, and respect and are provided the resources to meet their needs.
Here’s what we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Social Sciences or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience.
- Experience working with individuals with concurrent disorders (mental health and substance use disorders).
- Experience in providing case management services within a concurrent disorders framework.
- Thorough knowledge of social service resources within Ottawa.
- Thorough knowledge of rapid access to opioid management programs; Safe Consumption and Treatment Sites; Centralized Access for Addictions treatment services.
- Demonstrated ability to provide crisis intervention and support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of housing support resources; OW and ODSP supports.
- Experience working with diverse populations including: youth; LGBT2SQ+; newcomers; street entrenched; seniors.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with Motivational Interviewing.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and charting skills.
- Flexibility, excellent judgement and initiative.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems including email, MS Word and data base programs.
English, excellent written and oral communication skills
French, excellent oral fluency
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume on or before September 18, 2020 by 11:59pm to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “ Bilingual Community Support Worker”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.