Community Service Navigator - Women's Centre of York Region
WCYR is currently seeking a Service Navigator who will be responsible for acting as a point of contact for new program participants, potential clients and community. The Service Navigator will incorporate workshops for women and the community to learn about the services available, GBV resources and promote social inclusion. Additionally, The Service Navigator will work alongside community partners to provide economic development opportunities and training. The Service Navigator will conduct intake and screening, provide crisis intervention, support, safety planning and advocacy to women, as well as make appropriate referrals to community services and provide case management.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
WORKSHOPS: Coordinate the delivery of a minimum of 11 economic readiness, GBV support and resources, and women's wellness workshops. All workshops will be provided periodically throughout the year in a hybrid group format. Workshop facilitators will include community agencies and WCYR program staff as applicable. Workshops will include:
4 GBV workshops provided quarterly about the support and resources available to survivors of GBV.
3 Life-skills and women's wellness workshops.
4 Employment readiness workshops.
ECONOMIC READINESS: Coordinate opportunities for employment training and support.
Coordinate and recruit participants for two annual three-week training programs focused on essential computer skills.
Coordinate monthly volunteer placements for 24 women annually.
SYSTEM NAVIGATION: Provide system navigation, referral support, and wraparound services such as transportation, technology or childcare to service users as an ongoing service both virtually and in-person.
FOCUS GROUPS: Host 1-2 annual focus groups to improve services for 2SLGBTQQIA+ & nonbinary individuals.
- Track program participation
- Complete bi-annual program evaluation
- Partnership coordination
- Crisis management support for walk-ins
- Community presentations and events
- Program Marketing
- May be required to work evenings and weekends to accommodate community events
- Additional duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Applicable education and experience required such as a degree or diploma in community services, social work, etc.
- Experience with crisis de-escalation and conflict resolution
- Experience with economic development programs and services
- Commitment to intersectional feminist, anti-oppressive/anti-racist, trauma-informed service delivery approach
- Understanding of gender-based violence and its impacts at multiple levels
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of counseling, social work, and case management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with co-workers, community providers and stakeholders and clients.
- A solution-focused mentality in program development, coordination and evaluation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check
*Please note this is an in-person position throughout York Region.