Community Outreach Worker - ANHBC
The brand new Marpole Neighbourhood House (MNH) is currently seeking an energetic, motivated and hard-working individual to join our team as Community Outreach Worker (COW). As part of the MNH start-up phase, this is an exciting position that requires some flexibility and an “all hands on deck attitude."
MNH opened its doors on May 22nd and is the newest neighbourhood house in Metro Vancouver in over 10 years. As the first point of contact with neighbours, the role of the COW will be to build relationships with local residents, learn about the needs in the area and help design programs alongside the community. The Community Outreach Worker will assist in the current set-up of the MNH building, scheduling, membership drives, community events and engagement in programs, volunteer opportunities & peer-run initiatives. The COW will also support the promotion of income-generating efforts at Marpole NH.
Under the guidance of and reporting directly to the Senior Director, the COW will support day-to-day activities at MNH. Some of the key duties and responsibilities include:
• Develops outreach initiatives to help build connections with the community in Marpole;
• Develops and maintains member database;
• Supports communications initiatives including website, social media e-newsletters and campaigns (on-line and off-line);
• Promotes and supports MNH programs & services, as well as event planning and implementation (internal / external);
• Supports the promotion of and referrals for programs & services operating at MNH;
• Supports the promotion of rental opportunities at MNH;
• Maintains existing and develops new relationships;
• Provides excellent customer service, including timely and comprehensive responses to internal & external inquiries;
• Offers reception & office coordination support and other related duties as assigned;
• Attends staff meetings, retreats and trainings.
• Education in community development, business administration, social work or related field;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in outreach work / community engagement;
• Cross-cultural understanding and / or experience working in a diverse and multicultural community;
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize own work;
• Be fluent (written and verbal) in a second language: Chinese, Punjabi, Tagalog, Arabic, Japanese, Spanish;
• Clear criminal record search upon hire.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, September 18th at 5:00pm (PT)
HOURLY WAGE: $20.25 per hour
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
Submit cover letter and resume to: Javier Ojer, Senior Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
(please indicate in your cover letter where you found this posting to help us with our recruitment strategy)
We thank & acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews. ANHBC is an equal opportunities employer.