Community Outreach Coordinator - Ottawa Riverkeeper
Community Outreach Coordinator
- 37.5hrs/week, 1 year contract, renewable pending funding
- Starting salary range: 40,000 – 47,500$ annually, based on experience and qualifications
- Competitive benefits package after three months
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Start date: November 2019
Are you an outgoing, bilingual communicator looking to make a big impact? Ottawa Riverkeeper is excited to launch the search for a Community Outreach Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
As our new colleague, you will have a way with words, producing content for, and managing all of Ottawa Riverkeeper’s social media platforms. You will leverage analytics data to measure engagement and implement new creative outreach strategies and campaigns. You will make new connections with key peer groups, organizations, and influencers… but not just online! Thanks to your friendly and engaging disposition, you’ll also take your outreach on the road, connecting with people, groups and communities at events, festivals, booths, and presentations throughout the watershed.
You will work closely with our Digital Communications Coordinator, our Graphic Designer & Digital Storyteller, and report to our Director, Watershed Network.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing skills in both French and English (i.e. ability to produce a publication-ready social media post in either language)
- Understanding of social media tools and trends, including paid marketing features and analytics
- Motivated to learn about new digital technologies and develop skills in this area
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, timelines and deadlines in a fast-paced and responsive environment
- Outgoing, self-starting and able to connect with people online and in person, in both languages
- Drivers’ License and willingness to travel locally, and occasionally further afield in the Ottawa River watershed.
- Understanding of environmental / freshwater issues and science would be a strong asset.
Application deadline is October 21, 2019, 11:59pm. Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis as they are received – early applications are encouraged. To apply, please send your C.V. and Cover Letter (Max: 300 words) to MJ Proulx, via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to use ‘Outreach Position’ as your email subject.
ABOUT OTTAWA RIVERKEEPER
As a dynamic, growing, and well-respected environmental organization, Ottawa Riverkeeper works to protect your rights to swim, drink and fish the Ottawa River and its tributaries. We work collaboratively using science to guide our actions. Ottawa Riverkeeper is a licensed member of the Waterkeeper Alliance, an international coalition of grassroots water protection organizations headed by renowned conservationist Robert Kennedy Jr. There are over 300 Waterkeeper organizations working around the world to defend their local river, lake or bay. We work throughout the Ottawa River watershed, both in Ontario and Québec. Ottawa Riverkeeper is an equal opportunity employer.