Community Mental Health and Housing Worker - One Year Contract for Transitions Team - Houselink Community Homes
Houselink Community Homes is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. We have the following opening for individuals interested in joining our progressive workplace:
Community Mental Health and Housing Worker
One Year Contract for Transitions Team
Nature and Scope
Houselink operates within Recovery and Harm Reduction frameworks and supports diversity and anti-oppression principles in its work with members. The Community Mental Health & Housing Worker works as part of a team that provides support to people with mental health issues, addictions, and complex care needs in a supportive housing setting. Informal counselling, health promotion, practical support, community development, system advocacy and service/resource coordination are key components of the daily work.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Knowledge of mental health issues, addictions, complex care needs, harm reduction, homelessness, community resources
- Strong assessment (e.g. psychosocial assessment, OCAN, and safety assessment) and problem solving skills
- Experience in addressing recovery goals based on support plans, training around activity of daily living skills and housing retention, supportive counselling, crisis intervention, advocacy, networking, coordination of care and services, community development and group work, including conflict resolution and mediation
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills - strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Familiarity with supportive housing, landlord and tenancy issues
- Ability to formulate client centred plans, goal setting, life skills coaching
- Experience in data management, recordkeeping and computer literacy
- Organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to recovery principles, anti-oppression and diversity
Hourly rate is $27.02/hour. This is a bargaining unit position and is governed by the terms of the
Please submit cover letter and resume by Apr 9, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Houselink has an equity hiring policy and is committed providing an inclusive selection process. Applications are encouraged from people with lived experience of mental health challenges and other equity seeking groups. Houselink will provide accommodation, upon request, to ensure a fair and equitable process.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our service participants.