Community Meal Program Kitchen Helper - MIND Program
The MIND program aims to foster a sense of meaning and belonging through programs that improve the health and well-being of residents at 682 Warden Avenue and 40 Firvalley Court in Toronto, many of whom are living with poverty, isolation, mental illness and addictions.
We are seeking a summer student to assist with preparing and serving meals in our community meal program.
Dates: May 10-Aug 31, 2021 (exact start and end date may change)
Hours: 36hrs/week (Mon-Sat, 8am-2pm)
Location: 682 Warden Avenue and 40 Firvalley Court (Scarborough)
- Primary responsibility for preparing simple breakfasts to order
- Serving meals and snacks and collecting payment
- Assisting with preparations for afternoon meals
- Building relationships with tenants
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen and serving areas
- Assisting with grocery shopping
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Interest in serving this community
- Between the ages of 15 and 30
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Fluent in English
- Able to train for a Safe Food Handler Certificate
- Able to pass police reference check for vulnerable sector workers
- Able to carry heavy pots and grocery orders
- Willingness to learn
To apply: Please send your resume and a brief cover letter by email to email@example.com by Friday April 23, 2021.
For more information about the MIND Program, please visit: www.mindprogram.org