Community Living Support Worker - Haida Gwaii Society for Community Peace
Community Living Support Worker – 20 hours/week, permanent part-time
Haida Gwaii Society for Community Peace (HGSCP) is a multi-service agency constantly evolving in its commitment to our Islands’ individuals, families and community.
We are currently seeking Community Support Workers in Masset/North End Haida Gwaii. Staff will be part of a team helping adults with developmental disabilities to develop skills to achieve greater independence and community involvement on a 1 to1 basis.
Staff will deliver personalized program planning to individuals based on the unique interests and needs of each individual. The programs for individuals emphasize employment and volunteering, recreation, social engagement, life skills, and health and wellness.
Reporting to the Community Living Contract Manager, this position provides care and support to clients in a community environment. All actions must reflect the values of the organization. Staff will need to be active members in the community according to the needs, wishes and abilities of the people being served.
Please apply if you are a leader who is creative, fun, flexible, personable and compassionate.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma in a related human/social service field
- One (1) year of training and experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Class 5 Drivers License (Reliable Vehicle, Drivers abstract)
- First Aid with CPR
- Clear Criminal Records Check
- Per BCGEU wage grid Level 10 $20.52 – 23.90/hour
- Mileage will be paid according to the Collective Agreement and approved budgets.
- This job is dependent upon a successful Criminal Record Check.
- All duties will be adapted with appropriate COVID-19 protocols and precautions.
For a full job description or to submit your resume and application please contact:
Daniel Kolpatzik, Community Living Contracts Manager
Please also refer to our website at http://hgpeace.ca