Community Health & Wellness Admin Officer - Squamish Nation
Permanent Full-Time Position
Yúustway Health, Wellness & Recreation Services Department; North Vancouver, BC
Reporting to the Manager, Community Health & Wellness (CHW), the Administrative Officer manages the administrative flow and clerical tasks required by the CHW team. Operating as the “key point of contact” for the team, this position provides maintenance of filing systems, scheduling appointments, visits and meeting rooms. The incumbent is responsible for a range of word-processing and administrative tasks associated with client appointments, program planning, community health events, workshops, and CHW communications. This position is responsible for researching funding opportunities, writing proposals and completing grant applications for the CHW team. While most duties follow established procedure, at times independent judgment is required. Current knowledge of Health Services policies, practices and protocols is required. This role requires liaising with a variety of health services including Vancouver Coastal Health, First Nation Health Authority and other health services organizations.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes administrative duties for Manager i.e. correspondence/ communications, confidential materials, drafts letters, schedules appointments, coordinates staff meetings, prepares agenda, takes meeting minutes, distributes meeting minutes, etc.
- Coordinates, promotes and evaluates details regarding program planning, community events and workshops. Provides reports to Manager on outcomes and statics regarding community engagement, satisfaction, needs, etc.
- Provides administrative support for the Community Health & Wellness team i.e. key point of contact for the team, supplies inventory management, drafts forms/ brochures/ pamphlets, coordinates time sheets for team, etc.
- Maintains record management system for clients, funders, vendors, etc. through the electronic medical records system. Ensures all client files are secure and kept confidential.
- On behalf of CHW team, liaises with members, outside clients, health professionals and government agencies. Documents and follows up on inquiries as appropriate, refers clients to appropriate team member, and handles straightforward requests.
- Researches funding opportunities and fills out grant and proposal applications for the CHW team, as approved by the Manager. Submits grants/ proposals by deadline and completes any follow up or reporting required.
- Supports administrative team members with work overloads, holiday relief, cross training, switchboard back up, as directed by the Manger.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as member of the Community Health & Wellness and the Yúustway Health, Wellness & Recreation Services teams.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Diploma in Office Administration, Business Administration or a relevant/ related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of directly-related experience in the majority of specialties listed in the job description including areas such as mental health and wellness, health event coordination, grant/ proposal writing, funding opportunity research, office coordination, file management, electronic medical records system, etc.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to health programs and policies, proposal/ grant writing, event coordination, record keeping, filing systems, document control, etc.
- Experience as an intermediate level user of the Internet, Microsoft Office Applications i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is an asset.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector search as per Squamish Nation policy.
- May be willing to consider a Certificate in Office Administration, Business Administration or relevant/ related field and a minimum of 4 years directly-related experience.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Salary: $39,995 to $47,053, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
All applications must be completed using on-line application, Please use the Chrome Browser when applying online link for all postings, at: http://www.squamish.net/jobs/
Chén̓chenstway Human Resources 336 West 4th Street, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1J1 604-985-8335
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH RELEVANT TRAINING & EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW