Community Engagement Coordinator - Mission Possible
About Mission Possible:
Mission Possible is a non-profit organization located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. We support individuals who have experienced homelessness, poverty, mental health crises, addiction, trauma, and other significant challenges by providing a supportive, transitional work opportunity through our Employment Readiness Program. We run two social enterprises, MP Maintenance and MP Neighbours.
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) will work with the Manager of Momentum to recruit individuals challenged with barriers to employment to enroll in the Employment Readiness Program, assisting to build capacity in both the Co-Ed program and the Women’s Track. They will connect with existing and potential partnership agencies such as social service agencies, social housing providers, drug and alcohol recovery programs, and employment centres to share the benefits of the employment program and how those with barriers to employment can make the transition to permanent employment.
The CEC will also lead in the facilitation of survey analysis. Bringing the Employment Readiness Program team together for regular reviews of data being collected and how that data can be used for the betterment of the program; will have the opportunity to support participants of the Employment Readiness Program through one-on-one coaching sessions, as needed and scheduled by the Manager of Momentum.
This role is team-based. The CEC will be supervised by the Manager of Momentum, and will work as one of the coaches to engage with individuals who experience barriers to finding and maintaining employment. Most work will take place in MP’s office, and require a great deal of planning, executing and analyzing effectiveness. Some visiting of other organizations and events will be required for creating and maintaining partnerships.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct regular Employment Readiness workshops. Prepare the space and engage the Manager of Momentum about the needs of this workshop so that barriers to engagement can be eliminated or reduced
- Collect data for the Employment Readiness Programs, completing surveys and ensure proper placement of that data
- Ensure the coordination of recruiting participants for the Employment Readiness program
- Ensure the coordination of partnership development with organizations for program referrals
- Ensure referrals from other employment programs are screened and when appropriate referred to MPE
- Conduct regular coaching sessions to meet the need of assigned caseload created by the Manager of Momentum (Therefore, candidates should have coaching credentials or will work towards acquiring them)
- Assist in the facilitation and material creation of the Employment Readiness Program workshops
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Planning and Strategic Development
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Set quarterly goals with Supervisor
- Permanent full time
- 40 hrs/wk, remote work available when feasible
- $18-22/hr, commensurate upon experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
We will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis until we find our successful candidate, so please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and mention in your application that you found this listing on CharityVillage. Thank you for your interest.