Community Engagement Coordinator - Mission Possible
Mission Possible is a community economic development agency located in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. We support people who have been challenged by poverty, homelessness, addiction, mental health crises, and other significant barriers on their journey to a sustainable life. Through our Employment Readiness Program, we provide training, coaching, and a supportive work environment in our social enterprises, MP Maintenance and MP Neighbours. We are a team of tenacious individuals who are passionate about empowering those who need support in our community. We are making positive, lasting change in the Downtown Eastside community, and we want you to join our movement!
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) will work with the Manager of Momentum to recruit individuals challenged with barriers to employment to enroll in the Employment Readiness Program. They will connect with existing and potential partnership agencies such as social service agencies, social housing providers, drug and alcohol recovery programs and employment centres to share the benefits of the employment program and how those with barriers to employment can make the transition to permanent employment. Supporting the participants through one-on-one coaching is an important part of the program as well.
The CEC will also oversee the delivery of the weekly Power Breakfast and Coffee House, responsible for food-donations and for scheduling volunteers.
This role is team-based. The CEC will be supervised by the Manager of Momentum and will work alongside one or more coordinators and coaches to engage with the individuals who experience barriers to finding and maintaining employment. Most work will take place at the office and requires a great deal of planning, executing and analyzing of effectiveness. Some visiting of other organizations and events will be required for creating or maintaining partnerships.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Lead, manage and maintain accountability for the staff involved in running the Power Breakfast and Coffee House.
- Ensure recruitment, training and management of volunteers for Saturday programs.
- Ensure the coordination of recruitment of participants for the Employment Readiness Program.
- Ensure the coordination of partnership development with organizations for program referrals.
- Facilitate Employment Readiness info-sessions and workshops.
- Collecting data for the Employment Readiness Program, ensuring surveys are completed and data-collection.
- Ensure referrals from other employment programs are screened and when appropriate referred to MPE.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions to meet the need of assigned caseload created by the Manager of Momentum,
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Planning and Strategic Development:
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Set quarterly goals with the Supervisor
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter highlighting your interest in our organization to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please add the job title of the position you're applying for in the subject line of your email. We will interview candidates on a rolling basis until we find the right match, so please submit your application as soon as possible! Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with our fantastic team!