Community Engagement Coordinator - Feed it Forward
Feed it Forward is a community-based volunteer organization that rescues food destined for landfill and provides it to families in need of food assistance. We operate a Pay What You Can Grocery Store and Soup Bar. We prepare delicious, healthy meals and provide them to individuals, families and other community service organizations in the Greater Toronto Area. See our website for details: https://feeditforward.ca/
NOTE THAT THIS CURRENTLY A VOLUNTEER POSITION. APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com.
Position: CSP Account Executive / Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports To: Community Engagement Manager
Scope: To engage with CSPs (community service providers) and coordinate distribution of food from Feed It Forward (FIF). Responsibilities Include:
- Developing new accounts
- Managing relationships and coordinating food delivery
- Ensuring CSP needs are addressed by FIF
CSP is a community organization which distributes food to vulnerable and food insecure communities.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will develope relationships with existing and new Community Organizations, which provide food assistance to people in need. This includes organizing and coordinating logistics such as food pick-ups and deliveries. Duties also include working with other team members such as the treasurer and kitchen team to ensure food deliveries meet client needs and that invoices are accurate. Also to collect quality feedback from clients so we may continue to improve our offerings.
"Ownership" of CSP organizations (accounts) in geographical areas or community sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with CSP’s
- Organize logistics around food sales
- Work in conjunction with other team members to ensure operational efficiency
Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Interest in social enterprises
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in the non-profit/charitable sector (preferred)
Education and Training
- Completed or in the process of completing a post-secondary education program