Community Engagement Coordinator - 211 BC Services Society (bc211)
BC211 is a British Columbia, non-profit organization that provides a free, confidential, multilingual service that links people to resources for help, where and when they need it. Thousands of BC residents each year are able to get connected to government, community and social services on a 24/7/365 basis by simply calling or texting 2-1-1, or by accessing the bc211.ca online search directory.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is an ambassador for BC211; building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders to increase awareness of and support for the organization. This position develops and implements communications and marketing materials and strategies, and facilitates promotional activities that support the organization in achieving its goals. The Coordinator works with internal colleagues, external partners, volunteers and community organizations to identify and leverage opportunities to profile BC211 and develop potential networks.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements internal and external communications and marketing strategies, initiatives and activities.
- Builds BC211’s online presence and community through active engagement on social media platforms, and develops, posts and updates promotional content on digital channels.
- Researches content, writes and edits, designs, selects and/or customizes graphics to support internal and external digital and collateral content.
- Works with external contractors/service providers (e.g. graphic designers, media outlets, etc.) to facilitate the development of marketing materials
- Develops, executes, analyzes and refines Google AdWords campaigns.
- Creates reports using Google Analytics.
- Seeks out and secures opportunities to profile BC211 in the community, including trade shows, community fairs, special events and festivals.
- Makes presentations and represents BC211 at community events.
- Facilitates BC211’s participation in events, including: securing speakers/presenters; organizing staff or volunteer attendance; gathering and/or preparing appropriate collateral and presentation materials; conducting follow-up and debriefs.
- Administers all marketing files, materials, signage and other collateral to ensure current content and brand integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or events management.
- Minimum of three years of recent related experience, including digital marketing and analytical experience.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated writing and editing proficiency
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Social media and online marketing expertise
- Excellent presentation skills
This position requires union membership and is open to male and female applicants. The salary range is determined as per the current collective agreement which includes a comprehensive benefits package and membership in the Municipal Pension Plan. The regular work week is Monday through Friday but occasional evenings and weekends will be required in addition to the use of a personal automobile.
To apply, please forward a cover letter along with your resume to: Rob Conley, Manager, HR & Administration at email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date: Please apply by August 20th, 2020