Community Development Coordinator - Ontario SPCA
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity with a provincial office in Stouffville. The Society supports communities throughout Ontario. The following opportunity is available at the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society in Midland.
Community Development Coordinator
The Community Development Coordinator is responsible for developing and stewarding community and donor relationships in support of the Ontario SPCA Midland Animal Centre through various fundraising and community development initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Director, Community and Donor Development and working closely with the Animal Centre Manager, this position is accountable for achieving fundraising goals and community development objectives for the Midland Animal Centre.
- Acts as primary lead for developing and executing fundraising initiatives in support of the Midland Animal Centre.
- Cultivates and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with community organizations, corporate partners, foundations, school and youth groups, businesses, individual donors and local media partners.
- Implements provincial fundraising campaigns (National Cupcake Day, Friends For Life Walk).
- Promotes and stewards relationships with third party event organizers in collaboration with the provincial development team.
- Works with the Animal Centre Manager and Volunteer Engagement team to identify and steward fundraising and special event volunteer requirements in support of the Centre’s various fundraising initiatives.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the Animal Centre’s fundraising plan and budget.
- Represents the Ontario SPCA at various community events, including some evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post secondary education in a related field and minimum 2 years of fundraising experience or equivalent.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on tight deadlines.
- Proven communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative external and internal relationships.
- Personal drive for continuous learning and professional development.
- Microsoft office experience a minimum requirement; Raiser’s Edge experience an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-faceted team.
- Must be flexible to work some weekends and evenings.
- Must have valid “G” driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
If you have a passion for animal welfare, please forward your resume
by email before September 13, 2019 to:
Senior Director, Community and Donor Development
Please Quote “CDC Midland” in the subject line
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org