Communications Strategist - The Azrieli Foundation
Inspired by the values, vision and resilience of our founder, David J. Azrieli, the mission of Azrieli philanthropy is to improve the lives of present and future generations through Education, Research, Healthcare and the Arts mainly in Canada and Israel.
Chief Administration Officer and VP Governance
- Manage and prioritize opportunities to accelerate the visibility of the Holocaust Memoirs Program
- Create, build and maintain relationships with both the Memoirs and Communications teams; must possess strong consensus building skills; creative idea generator with the confidence and persuasiveness required to sell innovative ideas
- Strategize with Memoirs team lead on a weekly basis on all opportunities to ensure ideas and solutions are being effectively developed and can be measured for success
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop a strategic and tactical plan to achieve the desired annual targets
- Understand Memoirs needs and customize existing communications programs to meet their needs
- Generate excitement about the Foundation, people and programs and strive for excellence.
- Display focus and patience during ambiguity resulting from change
- Provide feedback to others in productive, non-judgmental fashion
- Gain respect from others through credibility and vision
- Provide input to product development team to ensure products meet Communication Policy and Brand Guidelines prior to delivery to the market constituents
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of the Foundation
- Define and communicate a long-term vision and strategy to achieve desired outcomes
- Develop specific plans on how to foster relationships
- Build positive and productive relationships ensuring Foundation growth and unity
- Demonstrate service excellence by addressing any concerns or issues that may arise and team leadership to resolve them
- Other duties as assigned
Centralized Data Retention
- In collaboration with internal staff leads, identify the needs and proactively offer ideas and insights to improve issues and challenges.
- Remain engaged with staff and follow up on issues to ensure maximum utilization of the system
- Streamline and organize the information to create a reliable search platform that employees can rely on and add value to the way the Foundation works.
- Eliminate the risk of losing data and increase the ability to share data across the organization
- Evaluate the system on a regular basis to ensure it is being used properly and contributing to the goals of the organization
- Other tasks as assigned
The successful candidate must be a skilled relationship developer, employ a “roll up your sleeves” spirit, and passionately embody the Foundation’s mission.
- Possess strong planning skills to keep focused on a set of strategic communications objectives and weave it into the Foundation’s objectives
- Must know how to tell a story and can work with difficult subject matter in a thoughtful and sensitive way
- Persuasive, energetic, disciplined independent thinker with proven ability to earn and retain a “seat at the table” while effectively facilitating forward-thinking discussions
- Comfortable dealing with and managing in a fluid environment; communicate optimism and confidence on the future direction of the Foundation
- Must have exceptional writing talent transferable to multiple platforms
- Strong knowledge of social media tools and strategies
- University degree or College Diploma in Journalism, Communications, and/or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with database administration
- Analytical mindset
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Adobe Suite)
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- Knowledge of Holocaust an asset
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
The Azrieli Foundation will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities in our hiring process.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.