Communications Specialist - YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg
JOIN THE YMCA-YWCA OF WINNIPEG!
Communications Specialist – Full Time
Administration Branch, 3550 Portage Avenue (hybrid remote model available)
We’re looking for an exceptional Communications Specialist whose ability to increase a charity’s brand awareness is as natural as breathing. The challenge of ferreting out and crafting stories about the positive impact we’ve had on our members’ lives makes you cackle aloud with glee.
You're a born storyteller who can bring a brand to life, turning strategy into compelling copy and meaningful messages. You’re driven by our cause and motivated by the success of our members. The mere thought about creating raving fans of the Y makes your heart sing.
You are an experienced professional who just subconsciously proofread this ad. If this sounds like you, please get in touch. We think you'll fit in here.
You have a proven ability to:
- Develop, implement, and manage integrated marketing and communication plans that address each business lines’ unique needs while ensuring alignment with the Association’s overarching strategic plan
- Initiate and coordinate media relations initiatives
- Develop content that conveys the Y’s impact and showcase our services to internal and external audiences
- Create, write, edit, and proofread internal and external-facing communications and collateral
- Function as part of the crisis communications team
What else do you need?
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations
- 4-7 years’ experience in brand management, copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Superior communication and relationship-building skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Fundraising communications experience preferred
- Experience in the following areas are assets: non-profit/charitable sector; graphic design; HTML coding
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter and an editorial writing sample by Friday, September 17, 2021, for confidential consideration to:
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We look forward to contacting qualified candidates.