Communications Specialist - Health Partners International of Canada / Partenaires Canadiens pour la Santé Internationale
The Communications Specialist will help to develop, implement and capture metrics to evaluate HPIC’s marketing and communications strategies that align with annual plan and activities under the organization’s strategic goals. This role requires the development of on-brand content, stories and testimonials that tell the story of HPIC’s work and supports awareness building and the financial growth of HPIC. The Communications Specialist monitors HPIC’s social media accounts, introduces new marketing trends, and makes recommendations for marketing techniques for different audiences. The Communications Specialist:
- Provides learned expertise that helps with the development and the execution of organization’s multi-channel communications plan.
- Participates in the development and execution of a HPIC’s marketing strategy that leads growth of the HPIC Brand & online presence including followership over social media platforms.
- Ensures the alignment in tone of voice and brand in all assets of HPIC’s public communications across all channels.
- Stays current and knowledgeable with the latest marketing communications best practices and technologies for non-for-profits, particularly in healthcare and global relief efforts sector.
- Supports execution of organizational events, on-site activities as part of annual plans.
- Monitors HPIC’s Social media accounts and regularly posts impact content that focus on HPIC’s key program areas.
- Collaborates on the development of a strategy and helps to execute these to grow HPIC’s online presence and brand.
- Tracks marketing & social media KPIs (metrics) and makes recommendations for improved approaches.
- Leads the creation of content; writing, editing & design. Works with internal area managers to gather required information for different organizational assets and audiences.
- Writes content for social media, website including blog (digital and video).
- Creates different organizations assets, both print & digital. Examples: HPIC’s semi-annual newsletter, key messages, donor proposals & cases for support, impact reports (print & video), campaign mailings, sponsorship and event assets, and other stewardship & solicitation pieces as requested and needed.
- Seeks and acquires opportunities and media partnerships to further showcase HPIC and its mission within the GTA and beyond (across Canada).
- Manages and monitors HPIC’s website. Plans and implements any upgrades needed.
- Maintains and as needed creates content that is fresh and inspirational that speak to HPIC’s on-going work & impact
- Webmaster for English and French (HPIC websites) updating content and visuals (images & video) as needed.
- Ensures HPIC’s website is compliant with all online policies, laws and regulations.
Job requirements and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-year experience in communications and/or marketing; specific experience in fundraising or in the healthcare/not-for-profit sector is an asset
- Degree in marketing, communications or journalism is preferred
- Experience creating campaigns and strategies for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, for marketing purposes
- Experience with web sites and web strategies, e.g, WordPress, SEO and SEM
- Experience with graphic design creation
- Experience with video production, photography and the ability to edit video and images is an asset
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office & trending design applications
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated command of language and extensive editing experience
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Demonstrates behaviour consistent with HPIC policies and Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of HPIC – Honesty, Integrity and Accountability, Respect and Dignity, Compassion and Caring, Leadership, Vision and Innovation.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and donors within a challenging and exciting environment that is active in its mission to care for the vulnerable to keep them healthy.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org