Communications Coordinator - The Atmospheric Fund
Maybe you’re a recent communications or marketing graduate, or someone new to the field. Either way, you’re looking for an opportunity to learn in an organization that’s making a difference in the community and the world.
We’re The Atmospheric Fund (TAF), and we have a 28-year track record of advancing innovative local solutions to climate change and air pollution. We’re on the leading-edge of urban climate change solutions and our work makes a tangible difference. We build meaningful relationships with all kinds of stakeholders – from world-class thought leaders to the people who implement change on the ground.
We’re an impact focused organization, committed to high standards of performance, accountability and sustainability. At TAF, people care deeply about the environment, and the difference they’re making in the world, and we hope you will too.
We’re looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our growing team, and we hope our search ends with you.
As our new Communications Coordinator, you’ll support our communications and outreach, helping grow our audience and engagement to enhance our brand. You’ll learn to work with government, business and other non-profit stakeholders to make real change.
Practically speaking, you’ll work with the communications manager to handle:
- Communications: Write, edit and create communications products, including print and digital materials (like social media posts, blogs, web content, reports and infographics) that adhere to our TAF style and brand guidelines
- Community engagement: Grow TAF audiences by promoting communications materials via social media channels, organizing events, tracking and boosting audience engagement, and tracking effectiveness of communication pieces
- Cross-team support: Assist TAF’s communications manager, policy, program and finance teams with their communication materials, and ensure teams are creating presentations/publications aligned with TAF’s brand and editorial guidelines
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are:
- An excellent communicator – You always get your message across clearly and effectively, whether a casual email or a professional communication piece.
- Organized – You can manage competing priorities, and stay on track of tight deadlines without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- A creative thinker – You have an analytical mind and want to know the “why” behind what works, which is why you can find creative solutions to problems.
Working with TAF:
TAF invests in urban solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution, which benefits our health, economy and the sustainability of our region. We listen to local communities and offer support through our community grants program, collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, and finance energy efficient and other low-carbon products, services and opportunities.
Our ultimate goal – reducing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area’s carbon emissions by 80 per cent by 2050 – informs all our actions. This target isn’t simply another milestone. It’s our vision for a climate-smart region that functions within its environmental means and is a leader on the global municipal stage.
This is a full time, 1-year contract position with possible extension. We offer a salary of $40,000 - $50,000 per year commensurate with experience, health benefits after 1 year, paid vacation, and winter holiday closure. We’re located in the heart of downtown Toronto (right behind City Hall), easily accessible via TTC. Our employees value the quality, collegiality and motivation of our small team; we get the job done, together.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing or a related field
- Experience working in a communications role, including writing and editing messages for a variety of audiences
- Experience managing various social media platforms and websites
- Proficiency with web and e-communications software (like Wordpress, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, and Hootsuite)
- Proficiency with design software (like Adobe) (an asset)
- Experience working in a non-profit organization (an asset)
If you want to learn and grow in an organization offering a great work-life balance and making a difference in our world, we can’t wait to hear from you!
How to Apply:
Use this link:
*Please include a cover letter and a writing sample along with your resume, and please submit your application no later than Wednesday, September 18th, 2019.
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and included a cover letter and writing sample and look forward to hearing from you.