Communications Coordinator (part-time) - Inspirit Foundation
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports To: CEO
Position Details: Permanent, Part-time (three days/week)
Inspirit is a public foundation focused on building a pluralist Canada. We do this by funding media and arts for social change, supporting the leadership of youth in the media and arts sectors, and investing our capital in ways that align with our mission.
We are located in a beautiful space in Toronto’s Ossington Village, and this position will work from our office in the Artscape Youngplace building.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications Coordinator will help broaden the awareness of Inspirit’s mission and priorities, and help increase the effectiveness, impact and visibility of its programs across key stakeholder groups. With direction from the CEO, they will be responsible for coordinating communications initiatives in accordance with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Coordinate a diverse array of communications initiatives that align with strategic goals, including but not limited to content production, knowledge dissemination, and online engagement on social media platforms;
- Work with the CEO to develop key messages that clearly communicate Inspirit’s core identity, mission, priority issues and programs to our diverse stakeholder groups, including the board;
- Maintain and implement the editorial calendar;
- Produce a timely, high-quality and accessible annual report, and other critical reports and publications;
- Ensure on-target growth of Inspirit’s online reach, mailing lists and stakeholder contacts through research, engagement, and consistent use of our CRM system;
- As directed, coordinate workplans and budgets of special initiatives to achieve goals on time and on budget;
- Coordinate external contractors and suppliers related to communications activities;
- Under the direction of the CEO, produce Inspirit’s quarterly newsletter;
- Ensure adherence of all content to Inspirit brand guidelines;
- Actively and constructively participate in team reflection, learning and goal-setting activities.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree or diploma in design, communications, journalism and/or relevant experience;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, experience writing and editing web-based content;
- Three to five years related experience in a not-for-profit or philanthropic organization preferred;
- Strong design and layout skills; proficiency in software applications: Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) – we are primarily a Mac shop but comfort in both PC and Mac environments an asset;
- Working experience with a CRM system and understanding of data integration;
- Experience in audio and video production an asset;
- Strong working knowledge of current web-based technologies and website maintenance;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Collaborative and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively coordinate deliverables; ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently;
- Accountable with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity;
- Written and spoken fluency in French an asset.
An annual salary between $48,000 and $52,000, prorated to three days a week. The part-time permanent Communications Coordinator will be eligible for benefits and a group RRSP, provided all Inspirit’s HR policy requirements have been met.
HOW TO APPLY
The Inspirit Foundation welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Selected candidates with disabilities who have special needs in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability.
Please send your CV, cover letter and online portfolio (not mandatory) to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the email subject line. Submitted files should be clearly labeled and include your first and last name. Eg. “FirstName_LastName_CV.”