Communications Coordinator - Minerva Foundation for BC Women
Minerva BC is a Vancouver-based charity dedicated to advancing the leadership of women and girls through education, mentorship, and leadership training. We also support the business community and wider community as we work together to break down implicit and institutional biases and replace them with attitudes and systems supportive of women's achievement. At Minerva, we do what we do because we know we are stronger when women lead our communities.
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Engagement, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for a variety of marketing and communications activities in support of Minerva BC’s strategic goals. The position includes strategizing, developing, and executing marketing campaigns, storytelling, social media, website management, and graphic design.
Your creative thinking and digital marketing expertise will help drive our strategic goals, enhance our reputation, and improve overall engagement with participants, donors, and other supporters.
This is a part-time position working 30-37 hours per week (4/5 days). This is currently a remote position.
- Design and implement Minerva’s digital marketing plan, including marketing materials and ads, with a sharp focus on engaging participants, alumnae, donors, and the business community
- Develop and manage Minerva BC’s website, e-newsletter, and social media channels – from creating and posting content, to monitoring interactions, engaging audiences, measuring performance, and training team members
- Collaborate with the Programs Team to develop and execute promotional plans to achieve program enrollment targets
- Collaborate with the Partnerships Team to support donor communication and fundraising campaigns
- Identify stories, research, interview, and write articles for our blog that highlight achievements and showcase the impacts of our programs
- Ensure organization-wide adherence to brand guidelines
- Develop systems to simplify and streamline internal and external communications activities
Skills and Qualification
- 2-3 years of experience in online advertising/digital marketing or project management
- Excellent understanding of social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Understanding of SEO best practices as well as experience writing and editing content for the web
- Excellent writing skills, creativity, and an eye for design
- Action-oriented, with excellent planning, self-management and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and sustain strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, adaptable, and eager to learn
- Proficient in WordPress, Canva, and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Slack, Facebook and LinkedIn Business Manager is a plus
Please apply through the CharityVillage site and submit a CV and cover letter to the attention of CEO, Tina Strehlke. The deadline to apply for this position is May 9th.