Communications and Social Media Coordinator - ALS Society of BC
The ALS Society of BC is a registered charity and was founded in 1981 by ALS patients, their family members and healthcare professionals. The ALS Society of BC is dedicated to providing direct support to ALS patients, along with their families and caregivers, to ensure the best quality of life possible while living with ALS. Through assisting research, the society is committed to finding the cause of, and cure for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
- Supports executing and monitoring communications strategies. This role involves creating public relations and marketing materials such as press releases, social media posts, and newsletters.
- Maintains the Society’s social media presence. Research marketing trends, post content on each relevant platform, and encourage audience engagement.
- Maintains and updates the Society’s websites. Currently, there are three; www.alsbc.ca, www.walktoendals.ca/british-columbia, and www.pgaofbcgolfathonforals.com
- Liaison with the consultant for website maintenance and design
- Is responsible for assisting and maintaining fundraising pages on the Society’s websites
- Works with the Donor Relations Manager in Direct Response campaigns and appeals
Walk to End ALS and PGA of BC Golfathon for ALS event support:
- Ensures that walk information is disseminated to all BC & Yukon Walk Coordinators
- Responds to walk inquiries. Email walk inquiries should be addressed on a daily basis.
- Documents and updates walk policies and procedures whenever necessary
- Sends out Fund Raising Friday messages, ensuring the Executive Director is copied in all emails.
- Preparation of Walk to End ALS and PGA of BC Golfathon media binders
- Updates Walk to End ALS and PGA of BC Golfathon websites.
- Troubleshoots issues on the Walk to End ALS website supporting Walkers in developing their fundraising page on the website.
- Walk Liaison Coordinator between ALS Canada and ALS Society of BC and walk volunteers
- Responsible for website updates www.golfathonforals.com and in disseminating communications in a timely manner to participating golfers and sponsors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director