COMMUNICATIONS AND MONITORING & EVALUATION COORDINATOR - Alberta Council for Global Cooperation
The Spur Change program is a 5-year initiative, funded by Global Affairs Canada, aiming to increase the
effectiveness of Canadian small and medium organizations to deliver sustainable results in support of the
Feminist International Assistance Policy and the Sustainable Development Goals. The main outcomes of
the program are to increase the engagement of Canadian small and medium sized organizations in
international development and increase the engagement of Canadians, particularly youth, as global
Spur Change is an intiative of the Inter-Council Network (ICN) a coalition of the eight Provincial and
Regional Councils for International Cooperation. The independent Councils are committed to global
sustainable development, social justice and social change. As part of the ICN, the Alberta Council for
Global Cooperation (ACGC) is managing the Spur Change program.
POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
LANGUAGE: Fully bilingual French and English
REPORTS TO: Spur Change National Program Manager
LOCATION: The successful applicant can work remotely from locations across Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 25th , 2019
Reporting to the National Program Manager, and in collaboration with Spur Change team members the
Communications and Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and
executing communications for the Spur Change Program and to implement the monitoring and
evaluation plan of the Program.
- Develop a communications strategy to support the engagement and participation of the key
stakeholders and to ensure the timely and effective sharing of information.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a social media strategy that will promote and
publicize Spur Change events.
- Oversee the creation of information kits and resource materials as needed.
- Contribute to the Program’s utilization of social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) to promote
events and share information.
- Overseeing the design and development of the Spur Change website. Regularly update the
website as needed.
- Develop and distribute regular newsletters in both official languages.
- Coordinate and oversee the translation of key documents as required.
- Recruit, select and coordinate the work of qualified translators, interpreters and contractors as
- Provide support to the planning of conferences and events.
- Supervise the documentation of events and conferences with articles, videos and pictures.
- Develop media campaigns including the creation of media kits, media releases, and resource
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee the execution of the Spur Change Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Develop the data collection tools (online surveys, questionnaires, roundtables) required and
coordinate the data collection.
- Write, review and edit the various program reports.
- Carry out additional tasks directly related to the successful implementation of the Spur Change
- Be responsible for working within the budget as assigned to the various areas of programming
under this job description.
- Maintain organized and comprehensive files.
- Have expert communication skills in French and English (both written and verbal), and the ability
to adapt communications style in a manner that is suitable and appropriate for various
- Background and/or studies in public relations, communications, event coordination,
communications, education or equivalent.
- Familiarity with popular conferencing and communications media and platforms.
- Experience with photography and video editing.
- Have demonstrated success in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years of communications
experience (preferably in a non-profit setting).
- Have a strong understanding of international development and cooperation combined with a
good understanding of global citizenship and public engagement principles.
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection and analysis, and
- Have excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to organize multiple tasks and
appropriately prioritize activities.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to respect the values and differences that all
members of a small team bring to an office environment.
- Have a proven ability to problem-solve and work independently.
To apply: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, résumé, and the names of two references
to email@example.com by 5:00 PM on Friday August 23rd, 2019.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be