Communications and Marketing Assistant - Planned Parenthood Toronto
Communications and Marketing Assistant
JOB TITLE: Communications and Marketing Assistant
FTE STATUS: 0.8FTE (30 hours/week)
DURATION OF POSITION: June – August, 2021 (9 weeks)
Planned Parenthood Toronto (PPT) is a fully accredited community health centre that provides primary health care services to youth 13 to 29 years as well as health promotion programming, education, training and research to improve the health and well being of Toronto’s diverse communities. We are currently seeking a Communications and Marketing Assistant to work 30 hours per week for a 9 week contract.
With guidance from the Communications Coordinator, the Communications and Marketing Assistant will support content development for external communications, including:
- social media content creation and editorial calendar management
- research relevant social media trends
- basic graphic design and/or video production (using the Adobe Suite)
- donor communications, including database management and thank you letters
- website maintenance and content creation (using Wordpress)
- other administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellence in use of social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience creating and editing graphics (knowledge of Adobe InDesign required, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop an asset)
- Experience managing and maintaining websites
- Demonstrated commitment to equity goals and principles, sexual and reproductive rights and to being youth positive, 2SLGBTQ positive, sex positive, sex work positive and to being inclusive of diverse sexual and gender identities.
- Commitment to pro-choice philosophy
- Commitment to working from a community development perspective
- Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Proficiency and experience working in a computerized environment
- Ability to work independently and to complete projects on time
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required
This position is funded by Human Resources and Skills Development under the Canada Summer Jobs initiative. Based on funding requirements, applicants must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Please forward letter of interest and resume by May 14, 2021 to:
PPT is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and to building an organization that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from members of Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities; Two-Spirit, non-binary, trans, lesbian, gay, bisexual and queer people; disabled people; youth; and members of other equity seeking groups.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PPT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates selected for an interview and for all aspects for the selection process. If an applicant or a successful candidate requests an accommodation, we will discuss their needs with them and make adjustments to support them. We regret to inform that PPT is not a wheelchair accessible space.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Criminal Record Check. The presence of a criminal record may not necessarily preclude employment.