Co-op Coordinator / Property Manager - Toronto - Homestarts Incorporated
Homestarts is non-profit organization providing services to approximately 100 housing co-operatives and non-profit housing organizations throughout Ontario. Our staffing team of close to 170 dedicated professionals works hard to deliver the management, maintenance, restoration and development services our clients need.
We are currently recruiting a Coordinator / Property Manager to work at a housing co-operative in Downtown Toronto. This is a full-time position: 37.5 hours per week. This person will be the lead person in a team of 3. Occasional evening and weekend work related to board and membership meetings will be required. We are looking for an individual with:
- A solid work ethic and a commitment to collaboration and consultation;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with groups;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle stress in a busy environment;
- The ability to work independently and to work as a team member;
- A working knowledge of standard computer software and internet use;
- An understanding of the importance of safe, secure and affordable housing;
- An understanding of democratic, community-based organizations where members are involved in the organizational decision-making process.
We will view positively applicants who have experience with:
- Co-op and / or non-profit housing operations;
- Housing management administration/marketing;
- Rent-geared-to-subsidy program administration;
- NewViews, Yardi, HMWorx and / or other property management software
The chosen candidate will demonstrate the hard skills as well as a proven ability to work as a team player, demonstrating tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with co-op members and co-workers.
- Group health & dental benefits after 3 months (all employer-paid except for long term disability premium)
- Employer-paid RRSP contribution after 12 months
- Vacation pay (6%) is based on 3 weeks per year to start, increasing each year
Note: A satisfactory police check is a condition of employment
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
PLEASE NOTE JOB #472 IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME: HR@HOMESTARTS.ORG
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process