Clinical Supervisor - Kerry's Place Autism Services
About the Role:
As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services management team, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the: leadership and supervision, quality outcomes for the persons we support and the quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- As a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst® (BCBA®), the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of clinical specialists and/or direct support teams, providing ongoing supervision, training, leadership and mentoring to the team of Behaviour Therapists. The Clinical Supervisor is available to provide supervision hours to employees pursuing a credential (e.g., RBT® BCaBA®, and BCBA®).
- Review and approve behaviour plans and protocols, and is responsible for ongoing monitoring of the design and delivery of plans/protocols that are consistent with Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures as well as the Ministry Policy Directives for adults with a challenging behaviour and/or the clinical framework and guidelines of the Ontario Autism Program.
- Conduct functional behaviour assessments, including functional analysis, interpretation and summary of data and results.
- Clinically accountable for the development, delivery and evaluation of plan processes, including opportunities for research. Conducts on site clinical supervision of direct service delivery and implementation of behaviour plans.
- Responsible for ongoing program evaluation and modifications as needed to behaviour plans including signing off on plans in OAP (Attestation).
- Ensure the health and safety of persons supported in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, provide appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the persons we support through effective recruitment, selection, and orientation.
- Maintain each operation within budget (includes authorization of expenditures).
- Master’s Degree
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst® in good standing
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of experience conducting comprehensive behaviour assessments, development of behaviour interventions and analysis of data.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- Experience working as a professional within a clinical multidisciplinary team that follows a bio-psycho-social model of treatment and intervention.
- People management including mentoring, coaching, training and development.
- Experience overseeing implementation of behaviour plans.
- Competency and effective use of database and Microsoft systems,
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorder, and/or developmental disabilities is preferred.
- Experience working with children, youth, and their families is considered an asset.
- Experience working with adults in residential settings is considered an asset.
- French language is an asset.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide on-call coverage (which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- A personal vehicle is required for frequent business travel, as well as a valid G2 license, and proof third party liability insurance coverage.