Clinical Manager - Residential Services - Stonehenge Therapeutic Community
About the Role:
The Clinical Manager will provide clinical oversight and management to staff teams within the Residential Program. This program provides intensive supports, at multiple locations, to individuals with addiction and concurrent mental health concerns.
This role requires strong knowledge of addictions theory and practice, withdrawal management, harm reduction, and current best practices (particularly concurrent and trauma-informed). Previous experience working in a residential treatment environment is preferred.
Stonehenge is one of two funded Therapeutic Communities in Ontario. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to coach and mentor staff as they work within this unique modality of treatment.
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Why Work for Stonehenge?
- Enhanced vacation offered to all staff
- Paid personal and sick days
- Health and dental benefits (no employee co-pay)
- RRSP matching program
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Bachelors or Masters level qualification in Social Work or other relevant Masters level qualification AS WELL AS a minimum of 5 years direct clinical work with individuals experiencing addiction and concurrent mental health issues required
- Registered, or in the process of becoming a registered health professional (i.e. CRPO, OCSWSSW)
- Experience providing clinical supervision and team leadership an asset
- Experience with residential treatment / multi-disciplinary teams an asset
- Strong knowledge of addictions theory and practice, withdrawal management, harm reduction, and current best practices – particularly concurrent and trauma-informed
- Lived experience related to addictions and/or mental health an asset
- Valid G Driver’s License
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record
- Flexible schedule required to support program delivery, which may include evening and/or weekend work (occasional)
- CSC Clearance conducted by PWGS Canada
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C
- Own transportation and reliable vehicle required
- Must be able to attend work (travel to Residential Centres) within an hour of notification, when on call
Clinical Oversight and Management
- Clinical and administrative supervision to full-time residential staff
- Support the Therapeutic Community modality and the professional development of clinical staff through coaching, feedback and mentoring
- Provide supervision, coaching, and mentorship to the Clinical Supervisor – Residential to ensure: positions in their portfolio are being managed appropriately (Behavioural Counsellor team, Full Time Overnight team, and Leisure and Learning Coordinators); scheduling, shift coverage and payroll for the above positions are being completed appropriately; provide oversight where needed and the overall residential program is running effectively
- Ensure a support/development plan is in place for the Clinical Supervisor to provide coverage for the Clinical Manager
- Guide clinical decision-making and the management of high-risk situations
- Provide on call support and crisis supervision on off hours, on a rotational basis, as required
- Build and maintain high performance teams
- Attend monthly Commencement ceremonies
- Build strong relationships with all community partners and attend related meetings
- Work alongside the Leadership Team to support program development and improvement
- Provide orientation, training, and workshops regarding addiction-related topics both internally and externally on behalf of the organization
- Conduct recruitment, performance management, discipline, and termination as required
- Complete regular clinical file audits and maintain thorough and accurate supervision notes and files
- Oversee program eligibility, admissions, and management of Correctional and other high-risk clients
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Participate in quality assurance processes such as audits, accreditation and the implementation of community program outcome measurement tools and reporting of results (i.e. client satisfaction surveys, retention results, etc.)
- Sign off electronic payroll, approve vacation requests and expense claims
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure staff are working within the parameters of ESA and all relevant STC Policy & Procedures
- Coordinate and oversee the Alumni Association
- Perform other duties as required
Please send your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until November 11, 2020 at 4pm.
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community accommodates the needs of applicants throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Human Rights legislation. Should you require it, accommodation can be made at any point, upon request.