Clinical Lead - Kinark Child and Family Services
Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario which provides a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism and Forensic Mental Health/Youth Justice.
Want to help children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
We currently have an opportunity for:
Position Title: Clinical Lead
Program Lists: Kinark Child & Family Services -> Durham Program
Location: Oshawa, ON L1J 2K5 CA (Primary)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Total # of hours per week: 35
# of Positions: 1
Close Date: August 19, 2020
Reporting to the Clinical Director Community Mental Health and Chief of Psychology, the Clinical Lead provides expert clinical leadership to psychologists, clinical management, staff, and programs, ensuring the highest level of clinical service to clients and their families. This role also contributes to the development, planning, and implementation of a responsive, coordinated, and efficient clinical service delivery model within Kinark’s Community Mental Health program. This role is a blend of direct service clinician, leader, educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, and researcher.
The Clinical Lead supports and operationalizes the objectives of the organizational strategic plan while upholding Kinark’s core values and commitment to inclusion, and respecting diversity. In addition, the successful candidate may be required to provide consultation to Kinark’s other service streams (forensics, autism) at times and be a support the sector’s mental health strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities are not limited to:
- Provide assessment and intervention services to clients within assigned area program, (Durham), while supporting clinical practice throughout all of Kinark’s regions (Simcoe, York, Peterborough, Northumbrland) in collaboration with other area program Clinical Leads. This assessment and intervention case work is intended to allow the Clinical Lead to keep up their clinical skills, but also to serve as a model to the other clinicians. Cases are selected that are best able to model and demonstrate particular clinical needs.
- Develop and deliver education, consultation, and leadership to the assessment and intervention process, as well as a competency-based supervision model.
- Ensure the quality of the assessment, intervention, and supervision practices, including performing fidelity checks, competency checks, and file audits.
- Ensure accountability of clinical and data integrity.
- PhD in Psychology (preferred), University Degree in Nursing (BScN) or Masters in Social Work.
- Current member in good standing with applicable regulatory body.
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience in the Children’s Mental Health sector.
- In-depth knowledge of the clinical practice with children, youth, and families, as well as strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- The successful candidate will be required to periodically travel to other area program offices, including the head office in Markham; however, the majority of the work will be based out of their home area office.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.