Clinical Director - Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program - Canadian Mental Health Association, York and South Simcoe
Clinical Director – Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program
Closing Date: September 25, 2019
Permanent, Part-time, 21 Hours per Week, Evening Hours and Weekends may be required
Competition #: 2019-067
Our Mission: As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Our Organizational Values:
- Client and Family Centered – through partnership, accountability and action
- Culturally Competent – to provide the best service and work experience
- Innovation – to bring value to our community
Team Values: Trust, Respect, Communication and Teamwork.
Hours of work: 21 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Location: York Region and South Simcoe + possibility of remote work access after successful completion of the probationary period and performance review
What started as a Mental Health Service in York Region and South Simcoe, has now transitioned to proudly serving residents across the Province of Ontario. As we continue to grow our team, we are looking for a Clinical Director to join our passionate, dedicated, and “BRAVE” team!
The Clinical Director is responsible for overseeing the clinical operations (services and clinical consultation) of the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) Program at CMHA-York Region which provides support and/or treatment to clients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression, over the telephone, through a structured program. Treatment follows a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) framework, primarily using bibliotherapy. The clinical director will provide clinical support and supervision to the Clinical Consultation team in partnership with the Senior Director of Provincial Programs. The Clinical Director will lead the Clinical Consultation team in the development and ongoing improvements to the procedures and protocols for the delivery of the CBT bibliotherapy program. This position will represent the CBT bibliotherapy program at provincial committees and work groups. The incumbent is also required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oversees clinical operations (services and clinical consultation) of the OSP Program at CMHA-York Region.
- Ensures standardized implementation of the stepped care model, clinical protocols and clinical consultation guidelines across OSP services at CMHA-York Region
- Leads ongoing clinical fidelity assessments and quality assurance for the program at large
- Provides clinical supervision for the OSP psychology team
- Ensures integrated service delivery with the OSP Lead and Satellite hub sites across the province and other parts of the mental health and addictions system
- Participates in provincial committees and work groups
- Leads Clinical Psychologists in the development of procedures and protocols for the delivery of the CBT bibliotherapy program.
- Ensures that any sensitive and confidential information is maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Attends and participates in Client Review meetings and Team meetings, as required.
- Contributes to program development and program evaluation activities/undertakings
In addition to compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, the incumbent is also expected to behave professionally and ethically, demonstrate competence in effective communication and team building, demonstrate effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate confidence in decision-making and in building relationships.
- Member of The College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Certification with the Canadian Association of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CACBT) – or certification in process and expected stage-two completion
- Practical CBT Experience as demonstrated by the following:
- Continue to maintain some level of clinical practice
- Experience treating a significant number of clients with various levels of complexity in a variety of problem areas. A minimum of 50 CBT cases with at least 20 cases under regular CBT supervision.
- Working knowledge and experience with the specific interventions delivered through the OSP Program
- Practical CBT Supervisory/Clinical Consultation Experience as demonstrated by the following:
- A minimum of 40 hours of recent (ideally over the past two years) CBT supervisory or clinical consultation experience (at least 3 supervisees)
- Ideally 60-100 hours of supervisory or clinical consultation experience (6-10 supervisees)
- Experience with risk management, particularly with respect to suicide risk
- Results-oriented work ethic and ability to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and to deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, organization’s values, and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Proficiency in French/English language skills is considered an asset
- Familiarity with a Microsoft Office365 applications (Word, Outlook, etc.)
This position reports to Senior Director, Provincial Initiatives.
- Works in a standard office environment, extensively at a desk using a computer
- Weekend and evening hours may be required
Disclaimer: In keeping with mental health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here.
Why work for CMHA York Region?
We are team committed to our vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society. That means we respect that our clients are the experts in their recovery journey and our role is to provide support, resources and opportunities based on their hopes and dreams. It means that we foster and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to create, implement and sustain innovative, evidence based and transformational impact. We seek out and build partnerships, collaborate and share knowledge to be the most culturally competent team and fully integrated service delivery partner.
Our team cares for each other. We have our own team values of trust, respect, teamwork and communication. We hold ourselves accountable and we celebrate our wins. Because we risk, we learn and we take the opportunity and time to constantly improve our skills, the way we function as a team and ultimately deliver services. We are a team committed to mental health for all. Join us and be part of providing great care in great communities!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link on this posting or visit the Career section of our website. Complete the application form and submit cover letter and resume (PDF or Word) together as one (1) document / attachment in the Resume section, outlining how your experience matches our requirements, to the Human Resources Department quoting Competition # 2019-067
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome persons with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca
Online: www.cmha-yr.on.ca, under CAREERS section.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that if you are currently active in another recruitment cycle, you will not be eligible for this position.