Clinical Counselor - The Womens Centre Grey & Bruce Inc.
The Women’s Centre Grey Bruce is a not-for-profit registered charitable organization. We are a Violence Against Women agency that support women and children as they build safe and sustainable lives free from abuse and violence. We are looking for a licensed Clinical Counsellor to provide support to abused women and children in our residential and outreach programs. These services and interventions are provided on an individualized basis for the client in a multi modal fashion.
RESPONSIBILITY AND SELECTED DUTIES:
CLINICAL COUNSELLING AND COMMUNICATION
Provides professional-level support to clients, based on a thorough understanding of The Women's Centre counselling philosophy and principles to include the following approaches:
- Provides clinical services that include: ongoing assessment of women and children functioning, relational systems, and environmental constraints and resources.
- Develops and implements therapeutic approaches and interventions including individual, family systems, groups, and psycho-educational approaches that recognize clients’ unique characteristics and strengths as well as barriers.
- Supports positive, sustainable behavioral change as well as intrapersonal and interpersonal growth and development.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with women and children to encourage their active participation in developing goals that address their concerns, and are sensitive to their cultural values and socioeconomic circumstances
- Addresses the complexity of client needs by assessing individual and systems functioning in an ongoing manner.
- Assists clients in identifying and creating relational and community supports.
- Establishes strong connections to the community, including maintaining close working relationships with cultural, faith groups, formal and informal service providers, to learn how to adapt services and resources so that they are sensitive to clients beliefs and needs.
- Provides conflict-resolution support and strategies for clients in their relational systems as-needed.
- Responds to critical incidents, implements crisis intervention strategies that address the specific health and safety issues of those involved, and informs the manager when such situations arise.
- Establishes strong connections to the community, including maintaining close working relationships with all formal and informal service providers
- Exercises the responsibilities of the position in a manner consistent with the philosophical approach and mandate of the program.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- A masters of Social Work or related field is required.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) designation or related field with the governing college.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing psychotherapy and evidence based treatment and interventions.
- Sound theoretical knowledge of individual and group counseling, assessment and treatment of abused women and trauma survivors.
- Possesses knowledge and awareness of partner abuse, the dynamics of violence and abuse, and knowledge of challenges faced by victims of domestic violence.
- Demonstrates active listening skills and has the ability to respond appropriately when interacting with individuals or groups.
- Possesses knowledge and integration of feminist perspective on the political and social issues surrounding women`s issues, mental health, addictions, and violence against women.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with all service users and co-workers through various tools and techniques.
- Takes the initiative to responds effectively to changes in direction and priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with database programs
- Must have and must maintain professional designation.
- Must be able to flex working hours
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid First Aid/ CPR certification
- Must have a Valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Report
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a licensed motor vehicle with valid insurance
Rate of pay $ 29.33 per hour.
30 hours per week. Hours for this position are scheduled by the Management.
Persons interested in applying for this position may do so in writing by sending your cover letter and resume via mail to Paula Carnakie: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
This is a Classification IV position within the LiUNA Local 3000 of The Women's Centre Grey Bruce Inc. Collective Agreement.