Clinical Counsellor - WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort is recruiting a Full time Clinical Counsellor- 13 month contract position!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provide psycho-therapeutic assessment and treatment to individuals and family members presenting with a wide-range of mental health symptoms and disorders.
- Ability to provide individual, group and family counseling. Expertise in brief treatment approaches; clinical expertise in empirically validated treatment approaches such as cognitive behavior therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy and, emotion-focused therapy;
- Screen/assess for self-harm/risk factors and create safety plans with clients.
- Develop interventions and treatment plans with clients using a client-centered approach.
- Facilitate client psycho-educational groups.
- Monitor client activity and identify treatment needs of clients.
- Provide conflict resolution and problem solving for clients.
- Provide support and advocacy for clients.
- Support clients to develop goals, and provide appropriate client-centered interventions
- Use various techniques and modalities (CBT, DBT, solution-focused)
- Form and establish a therapeutic relationship (core to the clinical treatment) with clients and their families.
- Determine need for additional supports post-treatment and identify resources for clients.
- Be responsible for working effectively and collaboratively with a team of clinicians to provide concurrent treatment that supports clients getting back to their normal living activities and daily functioning.
- Provide and chart detailed client notes and correspondences and updates of treatment progress using EMR.
- Utilize effective and clear communication skills.
- Ensure comprehensive treatment by providing information and ongoing consultation with team members
- Advocate for and with clients to reduce barriers to accessing community services and programs
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychotherapy or a related field
- Member in good standing with the designated college and licensed to carry out the duties of a Clinical Counsellor in the Province of Ontario
- Three to five years’ experience in a community health setting
- Familiar with evidence based treatments and a range of counselling modalities
- Demonstrated counselling skills including assessment, interviewing, goal setting and short-term work
- Education and experience in group development, implementation, facilitation and evaluation
- Experience in providing brief therapeutic counselling and support to diverse populations
- Demonstrated computer/technology skills and familiar with EMR’s
- An understanding and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power and privilege that affect individual, organizational and community health and a commitment to an Anti-Oppressive practice
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Languages relevant to Region of Peel residents an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information visit www.WellFort.ca or view our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9-ulQplpQ
Salary range: $61,145-$72,462
- Forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Deadline March 17th 2019.
- Quote “CC0319” in the subject line
- No phone calls please. Successful candidates will be contacted