Clinic Aide (Part-time) - Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health
(Part-time – 22.5 hours per week)
The Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is an award-winning Health Access Centre that provides holistic primary health care to First Nation, Inuit and Métis people living in Ottawa - one of the fastest growing and diverse urban Indigenous communities in Canada. Wabano is a fast-paced, client-oriented organization that models the Indigenous values of balance, respect and community interdependence.
The Wabano Centre is seeking a part-time Clinic Aide to join the dynamic inter-professional health team.
- Facilitate a warm and welcoming environment for all clients of Wabano;
- Set room up for physical examinations and assist as required;
- Assist with female examinations/treatments as required;
- Assist with well child and infant examinations;
- Check examination rooms to ensure they are adequately stocked with necessary supplies and that equipment is in proper working condition;
- Check expiry dates of meds and vaccines;
- Tidy rooms after each use;
- Sterilization of medical equipment as necessary;
- Other administrative tasks and research to support the Wabano team as directed by the Director of Health Services.
- Post secondary education in a health field;
- Training and experience in Venipuncture;
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation Level C CPR course or equivalent;
- Minimum two (2) years experience in primary health care, community-based nursing &/or a physician’s office;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Self-starter who takes initiative in order to best support the client and the team within the scope of practice;
- Experience working with the urban Indigenous population an asset;
- Preference will be given to candidates who are of First Nations, Inuit or Métis heritage (please self-identify).
To pursue this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Wabano is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or interviewing, please advise if you require accommodation.