Client Support Worker, Addictions Supportive Housing (ASH) - Breakaway Addiction Services
STATUS: One-year contract, part-time 21 hours a week
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
POSTING DATE: July 21, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Aug.5, 2020 at 5:00PM
SALARY RANGE: $ 27.00 - $33.38/ an hour
Breakaway Addiction Services, in partnership with Regeneration Community Services, provides 37 units of supportive housing for persons with substance use issues. We are committed to providing non-judgmental and compassionate support from a harm reduction and trauma informed approach.
The Client Support Worker (CSW) is responsible for providing a range of services to the members of the ASH program along with their team members. The CSW provides support in the areas of physical and mental health, substance use, life skills, and safety, to support the maintenance of stable housing for program members. CSW’s provide extensive one-to-one office, home and community engagement to assist participants in identifying and achieving goals while working closely with other organizations to coordinate access to services.
The CSW is instrumental in facilitating a recovery focused, harm reduction addictions program within housing, consistent with the values/philosophy of the agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct intakes and assessments with program participants.
- Provide one-to-one detailed assessments and support plans, case management planning and advocacy on relevant health issues, substance use, income support, employment and social supports.
- Maintain ongoing case management support in the community through home visits, community visits, office visits, and accompaniment to appointments (while adhering to Covid-19 guidelines during the pandemic).
- Connect clients with supports in the community that are based on their needs in order to support them to achieve and maintain stability.
- Coordinate with the other professional supports of program members. (i.e.: ODSP/OW, Criminal ‘justice’, health care services.)
- Support program participants to develop and maintain a sense of home and community in their housing units.
- Maintain accurate case management records and complete reporting required by funders and supervisor.
- Actively participate in supervision, clinical consultations, and team meetings.
- Work collaboratively with the team in the development and delivery of services.
- Required to work flexible shifts as needed.
- BA/B.S.W. or 2 years of experience preferably as a case manager or a combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Toronto health, social services, mental health and harm reduction resources.
- Proven work experience with clients living with mental health, substance use issues, and homelessness.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with people who use drugs, people who have experienced poverty and homelessness.
- Physically able to travel consistently throughout the city.
- Recently demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessment, engagement, supportive counseling, case management, group facilitation and crisis intervention skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Experience and commitment to harm reduction.
- Familiarity with Catalyst and the administration of the GAIN screening tools is an asset.
- Self-directed, organized, and demonstrated supportive team member abilities.
- Certificate in Crisis Prevention and Intervention or willing to be trained
- A current police record check is required for this position.
- Current Public Health approved Naloxone training is an asset.
Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter in one document to:
ASH CLIENT SUPPORT WORKER hiring committee
Breakaway Addiction Services
21 Strickland Avenue, Toronto, ON M6K-3E6
Attention: Anne-Marie DiCenso
Or E-mail: email@example.com
Breakaway Addiction Services is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. We encourage people from frequently under represented and marginalized communities, specifically people from Black and Indigenous communities to apply. We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Breakaway is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We seek to provide accessibility for all applicants, consistent with our accessibility policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.