Client Services Volunteer - ALS Society of Canada
The Client Services Volunteer will assist ALS Canada in creating a searchable database for external support services to support people living with ALS. The project will be research focused and will be completed in two stages. The first stage will include creating the actual database for internal staff use, and the second will include phasing it out to the ALS community.
The challenges of those clients living with ALS and those who support them are unique and complex and can required multiple accommodations to ensure quality of life. This project will provide an additional resource to people living with ALS and will allow ALS Canada to direct the individuals to additional resources that will meet their needs.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Research existing programs and databases in the community
- Take the lead on designing a resource database for client services
- Vet reliable sources of information and work with our team to optimize the system we create and where it will “live” for staff and community
- Work with the client services team and communications to get a good understanding of the organization’s needs.
- Help collect data to be used for the project
- Help identify the topics of interest and prioritize categories
- Create a vetting process for reliable resources/support
What We Are Looking For
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Strong English written and verbal work skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong understandings of technology support and ability to troubleshoot process
- Interest in working with and supporting individuals and families affected by ALS
- French/ English bilingualism an asset
What You Will Be A Part Of
A charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect, ALS Society of Canada works with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis through support, advocacy and investment in research for a future without ALS. Fully funded by donors, we were fortunate to benefit from the generosity of Canadians during the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2014, and are now focused on implementing our 2018 to 2023 strategic plan in support of the following long-term impacts: people affected by ALS receive the best possible standard of care; more treatments are available to improve quality of life and extend lifespan; and people are empowered to make informed decisions about ALS.
Our world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage.
Submit a volunteer application along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30th, 2020. Please indicate the position title in your email subject line.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating the individual needs of candidates, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer, we strongly encourage people from equity-seeking groups to apply.