Client Service Coordinator - Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility
Watch the ASL version here: https://youtu.be/3bcLLYtaWh4
Title: Client Services Coordinator
Location: Vancouver, BC
Position Status: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Reports to: Audiology Department Head & Clinic Manager (Head Office – Quebec Street)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Client Services Coordinator (CSC) works as part of a team to serve audiology visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately. The CSC notifies Wavefront Centre staff of visitor arrival, responds to enquiries about audiology services, schedules appointments, and processes financial transactions.
- Greets clients; answers phones, schedules appointments, processes financial transactions
- Preparing and mailing out clinical reports, filing, faxing, database management, third party billings
- Shipping, receiving, and management of hearing aid and supply inventory
- Providing relief reception services to the front desk and satellite offices
- Troubleshooting and performing minor repairs on faulty hearing aids
- Assisting in the maintenance of clinical infection control procedures
- Providing audiometric technical support to the Audiologists
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
Education and Experience:
High School Graduation and a minimum of 1 year of related practical and work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Independent self-starter with a strong reception and administrative background
- Effective problem-solver with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent attention to detail and able to multi-task
- Highly proficient in written and oral English
- Strong aptitude for MS office and database programs
- An interest in working with Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals, and seniors
- Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility is a bilingual environment (ASL/English), fluency in American Sign Language is an asset, but not mandatory, for this position
- Experience or training as a medical office assistant is an asset, but not mandatory
ABOUT WAVEFRONT CENTRE FOR COMMUNICATION ACCESSIBILITY
Established in 1956 and trusted for over 65 years, Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility (operating name for Western Institute for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) is a BC based, charitable non-profit organization. Wavefront Centre serves over 16,000 Deaf and Hard of Hearing clients each year by delivering innovative services in the areas of Audiology, Counselling, Seniors Outreach, Accessible Communication Services (Interpreting and Translations), Communication Devices and Clinical Research to help clients achieve full communication accessibility.
Hours of work:
The typical hours of work are 8:30am to 4:30pm or 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday, depending on the needs of the department.
Contact: Henry Lam, Interim Head of Audiology
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your cover letter and resume as a PDF.
Application Deadline: The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.