Client Intervention Worker - Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is multi-service agency located in the heart of east downtown Toronto. For 90 years, we have been touching the lives of thousands of our community’s most vulnerable residents by providing a range of programs and services across every stage of life.
The Seniors Department is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Client Intervention Worker. Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the primary responsibility of the Client Intervention Worker will be to support seniors and adults living with disabilities and illness in the community who require case management assistance and support to improve their quality of life.
- Offer case management services to seniors and adults living with disabilities and illness and their family members who require tangible assistance, emotional support, counselling, and referrals.
- Advocate for seniors and adults living with disabilities and illness who are vulnerable and receive unfair treatment, to work with them to find solutions.
- Conduct assessments and develop working plans in conjunction with clients and make necessary intra and inter agency referrals.
- Collaborate with other human service organizations to promote the quality of independent living of seniors.
- Maintain and update service statistics, document service needs and service gaps where appropriate.
- Conduct initial interRAI CHA assessments and yearly CHA re-assessments.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for statistics and files.
- Provide information for funder reports as necessary. Maintain accurate and up-to-date client files.
- Work collaboratively with Seniors Department staff, other Dixon Hall staff and departments, as well as program support volunteers.
- Operate in an effective, efficient, and client-focused manner to achieve the best outcomes for clients.
- Actively participate in department and agency meetings and events.
- Work under the guidance of the agency and program policies and procedures, including the Mission, Vision, and Values of DHNS and the agency’s strategic direction.
- Meet regularly with the Manager, Client Services, to discuss individual client needs, team initiatives, and the overall effectiveness of client services.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as assigned within the purview of the job description.
- B.S.W., Gerontology or related training and experience.
- 2 – 3 years of experience working with seniors and adults living with disabilities or illness or in the social service sector.
- Case management experience with vulnerable or high risk populations, including seniors, adults with disabilities, and/or people with mental health challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of issues affecting seniors in downtown Toronto.
- Strong English language skills, verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of other languages an asset.
- Must be qualified to work in Canada.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as a single Word or pdf document to email@example.com before November 30, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. quoting File #20-SS-02 in the email “Subject” line.
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted for an interview, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process. The hiring process is governed by Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services Race Relations and Employment Equity Policies.