Client Intervention and Housing Assistance Position - Warden Woods
Respite Services- Contract Position
Jan 2021 till Dec 2021
Client Intervention and Housing Assistance Position
Bargaining Unit Position
As a member of the Warden Woods Community Centre staff team, the Respite CIA is responsible for ensuring the provision of appropriate services to enhance the quality of life and personal wellness of clients residing at the WWCC Respite Centre. This position includes responsibility for the provision of case management services, project evaluation and outreach. CIA ensures provision of services to clients as per their goals & service plan, client choice and functional ability to promote client independence.
Reports to: Lead Administrator, Respite
Program Area: Respite Services: Health and Outreach Support Programme
Service Delivery and Development 90%
- Provide outreach to isolated individuals and residents at the Respite Centre.
- Provide intake, assessment, planning service co-ordination, supportive counseling, education and advocacy; provide service as per service plan
- Develop intervention plans with clients and other service providers
- Provide support to clients through practical assistance and interventions
- Help locate appropriate housing, negotiate with landlords, housing providers
- Provide linkages and appropriate referrals, e.g. Housing Registries
- Complete documentation, reports and monthly statistics, SMIS, CIMS and other database documentation; maintain client files
- Assist in the short term and long- term planning
- Promote Homelessness issues and advocate on behalf of the Homeless
External Relationships 5 %
- Network with community partners re: addictions & mental health, homelessness, housing, landlord-tenant, legal rights and intersectionality of Poverty and Homelessness. Network with The City as related to issues faced by Youth and Adults at risk of Homelessness or being homeless
- Networking regarding resource and programme development
Agency Participation (min) 5%
- Promotes WWCC values and mission in a positive manner
- Maintains good working relationships with co-workers
- Attends meetings and participates in agency-wide fundraising and community outreach initiatives
Required Skills and Experience
- Social Service Worker Diploma, or equivalent work experience, commitment to training and skills development
- Minimum three years work experience with Youth and Adults 55+
- Specialized Training or experience related to homelessness
- Competent communication skills – oral and written English
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, comfortable using computer
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to work in diverse environments within an anti-oppression, client-centred framework
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as required by programme or agency activities (from time to time as required)
Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: To build caring, compassionate, equitable, inclusive and interdependent communities in Scarborough.
Vision: We envision our agency to be a place where everyone belongs, everybody is somebody, everybody is challenged to be a part of the solution, we grow and help one another grow, consultation and communication are norms, not exceptions, together we can build and share in a better tomorrow.
Values: Nurture one another, work in partnership, model and promote caring, compassionate and just relationships.
Members of equity seeking groups, who meet the above requirements, are encouraged to apply. Warden Woods Community Centre is a unionized workplace and employees are represented by CUPE Local 5218; this is a bargaining unit position.
A police reference check is required by the successful candidates prior to commence.
Warden Woods welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
From time to time all jobs will be evaluated and assessed based on the critical path, outcomes/deliverables, performance, and funding constraints, as deemed necessary by the Management Team.
Salary: $21.78 \Hr.
Application deadline: March 15, 2021
Subject line: Respite-CIA\Housing