RPN - Client Care Coordinator - Ottawa West Community Support
Ottawa West Community Support is a non-profit Community Support Service in the west end of Ottawa, providing in-home and community support services to seniors and adults with physical disabilities across the western Ottawa region.
The Assisted Living Services for High Risk Seniors Program (ALS-HRS) Care Coordinator is responsible to oversee and supervise the delivery of ADL and IADL support activities delivered to Ottawa West Community Support ALS-HRS clients.
We are currently looking for an energetic experienced Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to join our dynamic Ottawa team in the role of Client Care Coordinator. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of services to frail seniors living at home and the supervision of field staff in collaboration with the existing coordinator.
The Care Coordinator - Field Staff Supervisor:
- Introduces and familiarizes new and wait-listed clients on the parameters of the Assisted Living program
- Liaises with Champlain LHIN Home and Community Care regarding waitlist management, admissions, and discharges
- Assesses client care needs, initiates client visits, and development of an appropriate care plan that identifies care objectives and anticipated outcomes
- Conducts follow up client visits to ensure delivery of quality services that meet client needs
- Works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
- Schedules and maintains on-call coverage of the Assisted Living program
- Assists the manager with support and compliance with reporting obligations and quality management practices within the program
- Responds to day-to-day issues and complex non-routine issues
- Responsible for client RAI-CHA reassessment completion every 6 months
- Acts as a resource, support, and mentor to the Personal and Home Support Services staff and provides coaching, education, and instruction to encourage staff to attain individual and operational performance objectives
- Provides input on education and quality assurance to Personal Support Service staff in the community.
- Completes performance reviews on assigned Personal Support Services staff and identifies and discusses with the Senior Manager employee issues
- Investigates and evaluates client and staff concerns/complaints and implements appropriate resolutions
- Participates in the on-call rotation for all in-home service programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Seniors care experience in the community setting
- Experience managing a team
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and the ability to delegate tasks as required
- Experience working with Unregulated Care Providers
- Highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
- Superior administration skills coupled with the ability to pay attention to detail
- Computer skills including experience in Word and Excel are required
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Criminal and vulnerable screening check
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Bilingualism preferred
- Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. No phone calls, please.