CKUA Radio Foundation - Executive Director - Leaders International Executive Search
CKUA is a donor-supported media organization that inspires and connects through the storytelling power of music, arts, and culture. We showcase the best creative work from Alberta and beyond. With eclectic and engaging programming, colourful characters, and incredible music, CKUA has been a vital part of the Alberta community since 1927.
After 92 years, CKUA continues to be unique to Alberta being home to a diverse audience united in its love of musical variety and cultural connection. Being powered by people, the CKUA Radio Foundation (CKUA) is a registered charity and non-profit Society, whose purpose is:
- to advance the public’s appreciation of music and arts by presenting high-quality performances through radio and other media programming and providing the community with performance venues and related facilities
- to advance education in music and related field by providing students with in-field placements, guided tours, and other support programs, and the public with educational material and resources, such as a music archive and library
Vision: Forever inspire and connect people through the power of music, arts, culture and story.
Mission: CKUA, your hub, connecting you to music, arts and culture.
Tag Line: Music. Story. Connection.
Core Values: CKUA is guided by and committed to:
- Fostering a sense of place and belonging
- Diversity and respect
- Creativity and discovery
- Individuality and authenticity
- Relevance and sustainability
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is accountable for the overall management of CKUA and provides strategic leadership by working with the Board of Directors and the Senior Management team to establish and implement successful business and fundraising strategies, operational plans and policies. The Executive Director supports the governance Board to fulfil their oversight and fiduciary responsibilities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership and Operational Management
- Financial Management
- Fund Development
- Communications and Stakeholder Management
- Governance Risk Management
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business or in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience reporting to a governance Board of Directors. Proven experience in developing and implementing a strategic plan.
- Experience with the arts and culture sector or within a regulated industry would be an asset.
- Proven track record of success in a senior leadership management role, overseeing a multi-faceted organization, through significant changes or challenges.
- Understanding of and experience with digital media trends and technology developments would be an asset.
- Proven experience of recruiting, motivating and successfully managing a team.
- Experience with a union environment, collective agreements, and bargaining would be an asset.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT:
Anurag Shourie or Cecilia Oteiza Ayres
Leaders International Executive Search
Suite 501 Fox One
10226 – 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1B8