Children and Youth Counsellor - Anishnawbe Health Toronto
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
Our mission: to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal People in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within a multidisciplinary health care model.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Children & Youth Counsellor (Full Time Continuing Position)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, a fully accredited community health centre, offers access to health care practitioners from many disciplines including Traditional Healers, Elders and Medicine People. The Children and Youth Counsellor engages children and youth in individual and group based counselling, circles, ceremonies and cultural circles, activities and events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide counselling, primarily to children/youth , through a model of culturally-based interventions
- Assist children/youth to identify physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and social needs and challenges to develop a circle of care and supports
- Provide therapeutic care that integrates teachings and traditional knowledge sharing to strengthen resiliency
- In collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams and practitioners, ensure that interventions, care service planning and coordinated care planning and service delivery utilize knowledge of Aboriginal culture, history, traditional and healing approaches, values and beliefs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- An understanding of the social determinants of health and other issues relevant to Aboriginal communities in Toronto
- BSW and/or MSW Degree
- Registration with the OCSWSS
- Strong understanding of counselling ethics, including consent, confidentiality and boundaries
- Direct counselling experience with individuals and group therapy ,
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Written skill and computer proficiency including skill with word processing, presentations and electronic charting software
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in a single document, with your name and “Children & Youth Counsellor” in the subject line. If you have questions about the process, please call 416-360-0486(225)
CLOSING DATE: September 24th by 5:00 pm
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment.
Applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal and meet the requirements of the job posting will be given first consideration in the hiring process
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.