Child and Youth Worker - Lowertown Community Resource Centre
JOB TITLE: CHILD AND YOUTH WORKER
Status: Contract Positions: Positions 20 hours per week and Positions at 12 hours per week
September 8th, 2020 to June 25th, 2021 (10 months)
20 hours per week (Monday to Friday 2:00pm to 6:00pm) or
12 hours per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday 2:00pm to 6:00pm)
Rate: $16.2400 to $19.4880 per hour plus 6% in lieu of vacation
Reporting to the Children Youth and Family Services Program Manager the After School Program Facilitator will work within a team setting to ensure proper facilitation of an after-school program for at-risk children and youth ages 6 to 14 years old.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Facilitates programs for at-risk children and youth (ages 6 to 14) that promotes participation in healthy, constructive activities;
- Interacts directly with children and youth from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Facilitates group activities in an after school program setting;
- Acts as a positive role model and resource person for the children/youth;
- Outreach to at-risk children and youth to promote community activities;
- Create a supportive environment for children and youth to address barriers they may be experiencing;
- Develops and maintains an awareness of services and programs for children and youth in the region;
- Maintains attendance records and registration forms; performs administrative duties related to the programs;
- In collaboration with the coordinator, identify and report trends and priorities needed for children and youth in the community;
- Participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Other related duties.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Attends and participates at team and general staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in the evaluation component of relevant program.
- Maintains effective communication of information among internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in staff development training as appropriate to the position.
- Completion of a College Diploma or University Degree in a relevant field;
or combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with diverse communities and sensitivity to multicultural issues.
- Self-motivated team player with good interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Personal Suitability/Other Requirements
- Strong communication and organization skills;
- Ability to handle complex emotional and behavioral issues;
- Bilingual (English/French) essential. Other languages an asset;
- Valid Police Records Check for work with the Vulnerable Sector;
- First-Aid/CPR AED Certification
Method of Application:
Please send cover letter and resume by: Friday, August 14th, 2020 at 4:00pm
Lowertown Community Resource Centre
40 rue Cobourg Street
Ottawa, ON. K1N 8Z6
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.