Child and Youth Worker- Live in Treatment - York Hills Centre for Children Youth and Families
About the Opportunity:
York Hills is currently seeking a Child and Youth Worker to join to join our Live In Treatment team located in Aurora.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys working with children with emotional and behaviour challenges as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an live in treatment setting. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of others.
Reporting to the Manager of Live In Treatment,
This is a very challenging, dynamic and rewarding role that will see you:
- Work a variety of shifts including overnights and weekends
- Work under pressure and in crisis situations
- Commit to upholding the organization’s mission, values and standards
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team model utilizing a variety of interventions, skilled in milieu counselling, assessment and treatment group work
- Actively participate in a learning environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, time management and writing skills
About the Qualifications:
To succeed in this role, the successful candidates must have:
*A Child and Youth Worker Degree/Diploma;
*A minimum of two years post-graduate experience working in an live in treatment setting with children is preferred;
A valid Drivers’ License and access to a reliable vehicle with appropriate liability insurance;
UMAB crisis intervention training;
Successful Vulnerable Sector Screening and
Ability to speak French or another language is desirable.
About the Benefits:
Upon joining York Hills you will be welcomed into an inclusive, supportive and dedicated team of professionals. The successful candidates can expect to receive a Competitive Salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills and qualifications. All York Hills team members also receive access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 20 vacation days, increasing yearly up to 30 vacation days
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- A generous Sick day entitlement up to 85 days
- Group life insurance
- Group RRSP Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- confidential counseling services to assist employers
- Ongoing Professional Development
We greatly value the contributions of all of our team members and we actively foster a culture that encourages open communication, transparency and respect.
By joining York Hills, you can have a rewarding and challenging career that offers great opportunities for professional progression. Best of all your hard work and dedication will serve to make a difference in the lives of children and their families!
Accepting application until August 7, 2020
In keeping with our efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage individuals from diverse groups to apply. York Hills is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection process and we respect, encourage and celebrate the diversity of staff. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. We regret that only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.